Thread: Flashing after primary recall was performed

Potential Tuner

Flashing after primary recall was performed

Anybody successfully flashed their ECU after the primary recall was performed by dealer? I know I saw one post on here about not being able to but was trying to see if anyone else has done it with no problems. Need to get recall off my vin but don't want the reprogram that they do after clutch replacement if I can no longer tune with it. Thanks guys

Quote Originally Posted by rlingo24 View Post
    Anybody successfully flashed their ECU after the primary recall was performed by dealer? I know I saw one post on here about not being able to but was trying to see if anyone else has done it with no problems. Need to get recall off my vin but don't want the reprogram that they do after clutch replacement if I can no longer tune with it. Thanks guys
    You will be able to flash afterwards. We just need to map the new calibration.
    Eric Brooks
    HP Tuners, LLC

Potential Tuner
    Thanks Eric. I talked with the dealer tech there tues and he said the reflash that goes with the recalled primary clutch replacement is only done if there are misfire codes stored. I had none so it wasn't performed. Thanks for the reply!