Thread: 2015 Silverado E85 Tune

Tuner in Training

2015 Silverado E85 Tune

Hey guys, I wanted to ask and see if someone would mind taking a look at this new tune I did for E85 and see if anything seems off or way out of line. This is the first E85 tune I have ever done. Check out my TCM adjustments for my Circle D 3200-3400 stall TQ as well. Thanks in advance for your help and support.

230320 Performance Flex E85.hpt
    Last edited by mbramlett2; 03-22-2023 at 12:06 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Didn't look at the trans settings, but the only thing I saw on the engine side that needs attention - and you'll find out once you start running ethanol and fueling starts going astray - is your E multiplier for the MAF side of the fueling is going in the wrong direction. I know this is how the OE sets them up as well, but I've never had it keep fueling right. You really need to copy the multiplier from the SD side and put it into the MAFs multiplier under the main fuel tab. It really needs to be dialed in which requires running it at the different E levels and correcting it to keep fueling the same for all E percentages.

Timing - if it's working for you then OK, but looks a bit high once you start adding in the PE settings. Even for gas...
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by GHuggins View Post
    Didn't look at the trans settings, but the only thing I saw on the engine side that needs attention - and you'll find out once you start running ethanol and fueling starts going astray - is your E multiplier for the MAF side of the fueling is going in the wrong direction. I know this is how the OE sets them up as well, but I've never had it keep fueling right. You really need to copy the multiplier from the SD side and put it into the MAFs multiplier under the main fuel tab. It really needs to be dialed in which requires running it at the different E levels and correcting it to keep fueling the same for all E percentages.

Timing - if it's working for you then OK, but looks a bit high once you start adding in the PE settings. Even for gas...

Excuse my ignorance here, but I am new to all this and I'm not sure I am following all you are saying pal. Thank you for your advice and input though. Do you care to elaborate on this more for me please?

Tuning Addict
    Use this as a compare file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~

Tuning Addict
    If you fully dial it in, you'll find the torque model will need tweaking along with cranking ignition timing for ethanol especially when it gets cold.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training

This info is worth it's weight in gold!! It took me forever to figure this out and then on day it just clicked. I couldn't figure out for the life of me why my MAF would vary when switching from 93 to Flex and even with different grades of flex from 72 to 80, etc.
    Last edited by WingsAA; 05-08-2023 at 08:38 PM.

Tuning Addict
    Yes a lot of people - even tuners - don't bother with dialing these in. Heck there's only one other on here that I know of that bothers to get the density table close. I have no idea why the OE had E tunes from the factory and only dialed in the VE side of them. I try to have all of my customers do the best they can to hit the E percents and then get me failed and 100% MAF runs to get them as closely dialed in as I can otherwise the MAF side goes extremely lean if not adjusted... Then you'll find the E side of the torque cal winds up being close to slightly higher than the gas side and will run right no matter the fuel mixture being used... It just takes forever and requires custom maths to dial all of it in. Honestly I use different versions of the math I came up with for dialing in the density table to adjust these since they're all on the same adjustment principles...
    Last edited by GHuggins; 03-22-2023 at 06:20 PM.

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Use this as a compare file.
    Thanks pal. Upon comparing the two files I see now what you are saying. I will make adjustments to those as needed. Thank you for your time and input. Like I said I am new to this and learning as I go. HP Tuners is a lot different than CRM with Diablosport.

Tuner in Training
    If you fully dial it in, you'll find the torque model will need tweaking along with cranking ignition timing for ethanol especially when it gets cold.
    Which direction would you go with the cranking ignition timing for ethanol? And as far as the torque model, it will also be different for ethanol opposed to 93 gas?

Tuning Addict
    Usually on the crank adder I go negative - more so the colder it is. Really has to be cold outside to correctly adjust, but you'll wind up targeting something around 3 to 5 degrees total once it's removed from the main at the really cold temps and full ethanol percentages. Torque model will be different, but the same shape as gas - typically...

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the info. I will keep that in mind. It usually doesn't get that cold here in the winters. Not for long anyway. I would say our average low temperature here in the winter is 28 - 32 degrees.

Tuning Addict
    I do calibrations for people all around the world and see logs with -20some Celsius sometimes which allowed me to dial a lot of these tables in for different temps. Problem I have is I can't get them to crank as good on gas as they do on Ethanol. Go figure, right

~Greg Huggins~

Tuner in Training
    Yeah, that's ironic for sure lol