Thread: Starting issue/MAF question

Tuner

Starting issue/MAF question

So the issue is I cant get my motor to start/run. It will fire occasionally and run terribly for a few seconds rarely. What I'm noticing is my MAF is reading air temp but no flow/period with the ignition on/cranking/or running for a few seconds. I believe this is the issue, but cant find any logs of my motor starting in the past to verify. Does anyone know this or can verify this?

A little history this is a fresh build that has sat for a wile cause life got in the way. Unfortunately the battery was junk too, it was at 4.75v this spring. I hear this can destroy ECU's sometimes. I'm fairly certain but want to confirm as I think its the ECU. I have 5v to the 2 outside wires have 5v and the harness has continuity to the other wires, and I have swapped MAF sensors. I'm also getting 2 codes P0103/P0104 which are both MAF codes. Think I am going to have to replace the ECU. Have really wanted a Motec for this but couldn't justify the money, might be time.

Advanced Tuner
    Did it run fine before it sat?

Tuner
    Yeah, it started for a min ran well. I didn’t have time to tune it so it sat.