Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ram 3500 2012 read fail .. no start help please

Potential Tuner

Unhappy Ram 3500 2012 read fail .. no start help please

hp tuners detect protocol failed
    ..I did the corresponding procedure and I got the info from the cm200 pcm and it started to read and stayed at 50%, then it says fail. and now the truck won't start I need help..

Potential Tuner
    Could someone with a good heart help me or give me some explanation?

Advanced Tuner
    I do not have a good heart and i have no idea maybe Jim P does?

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...cked-ECM/page4
    [email protected]

don tanklage

Potential Tuner
    I read all of Jim P's posts and nothing

Potential Tuner
    I even sent a report to support and I'm waiting for an answer... but what I've read. about support is not encouraging in the forums. And what a coincidence that it is my first car that I want to modify and this happens

Banned
    Could have happened just from the instability that comes with HP Tuners. Could potentially need a bench flash to recover the ecm, hard to say. My personal advice is spend the money on a stable platform. Don?t use HP Tuners on the premise of it being low dollar cost interface, the platform really is not that great on these trucks.

Potential Tuner
    HP Tunners staff contacted me. I managed to reflash the equipment to its original state with witech and it worked perfectly.. only now I read it again with hp tuners and the same problem continues as soon as it reaches 50% and dies there..

Potential Tuner
    I'm just trying to do a reading.. and it dies
    Last edited by Cesarpty; 03-27-2023 at 04:55 PM.

Banned
    Yea HP Tuners sucks. Try doing a read with zero internet connection, should generate a stock file for you.

Tuner in Training
    had this happen a few weeks ago on an 11even tried with newest beta. debated on not doing the key cycle it asked for but didnt want to keep trying
    luckily i had a stock file for efi live flashed it and it was fine. i beleive it puts it into boot loader when it shouldnt?

Banned
    It needs to go into rom boot to read/write, the boot loader contains instruction sets needed to perform the read/write. The issues lie elsewhere with HP Tuners. Using EFILive to recover won?t always work. It?s hit and miss, lots of times a bench flash in rom boot with EFILive would be required.

Potential Tuner
    I am going to update them.. yesterday, talking to support, they told me that I should put it on the bench and since there is the possibility that there is some problem in the wiring or that the truck was previously tuned, which I don't think so.. but hey, I'm going to do I go to the bank, what happens if I put the truck as a paper weight?

Potential Tuner
    I think that at the end of the story I am going to buy efi live for this class of pcm

Banned
    what year is this truck??

Banned
    Believe it says it right in the title, 2012

Potential Tuner
    2012 ram 3500.. still haven't benched it yet.. kind of tangled up with another truck

I had the same problem with RAM 2500 6.7 diesel 2011 year, tried to read it and it died... Recovered it with witech 2.0, I have update ecu with the last software from mopar. But did not try to read it again

I've experienced this issue as well. I grabbed a bunch of bench units and tested on the latest build. Seems to be fixed. I haven't tried in the truck yet. I have one lined up next week.

Banned
    Bench reading and bench flashing is not the same as when it is on the truck, issues occur on the truck, unless trying to read an EFILive CSP tune, then you?ll have issues no matter what, in that case the file will be incomplete and since HP Tuners does not use the EFILive CSP OS number, it just won?t be useable.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim P View Post
    Bench reading and bench flashing is not the same as when it is on the truck, issues occur on the truck, unless trying to read an EFILive CSP tune, then you?ll have issues no matter what, in that case the file will be incomplete and since HP Tuners does not use the EFILive CSP OS number, it just won?t be useable.
    Have you tried with the latest beta? It returned a stock file, from a tuned truck... I also understand the bench behaved differently than a truck, but it can still be a useful tool.
    ATI Vision - Calterm - EFI Live - HP Tuners - Advantage III - EZ Lynk - Alientech

DAF/Paccar - LD/MD/HD Cummins - Powerstroke - Duramax