Thread: 2003 5.3 elctronic throttle to cable throttle

Tuner in Training

2003 5.3 elctronic throttle to cable throttle

hello I have a customer that asked if i could put a cable throttle on his 2003 chevy silverado that has an electric throttle
    has anybody done that what does it take to do it
    thank you

Senior Tuner
    I can see doing that on a swap but there is no reason to do it on a 03 Silverado. Even if it is having REP problems that is fixable. You would have to add the connectors and wiring for the IAC and TPS and make sure the PCM has the driver IC in it for the IAC. Not all P59's do. And many of the tables in the idle tab are not set up correct for DBC. You could reference a Van files for those as the Vans were DBC and change it in the system options table. And of course fab up a pedal and cable.
    Last edited by 2xLS1; 03-23-2023 at 02:54 PM.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by JOHAN WALL View Post
    hello I have a customer that asked if i could put a cable throttle on his 2003 chevy silverado that has an electric throttle
    has anybody done that what does it take to do it
    thank you
    I've done a couple of them now. It's not a major undertaking, as long as you have a donor vehicle. The last truck that I performed the swap on had over 500k miles on it. It went into REP mode and the owner of the vehicle requested that we change it to DBC. Just like 2xLS1 indicated, you have to find the correct hardware. If memory serves, most of the 2003 models have the IAC drivers in the PCM. Obviously, you need the pedal and cable, cable bracket and TB. For wiring, there's a good writeup on LT1swap.

https://lt1swap.com/cable_conversion.htm