Thread: Expression Variables cheat sheet available?

Advanced Tuner

Expression Variables cheat sheet available?

Forgive me if this has been asked before.
    I'm looking for a quick reference sheet for the expression variables for the Gen IV platform.
    I know I can find individual values in VCM suite, but I'm looking for a quick reference list that basically shows it all.
    It's a pain for me to understand when I'm reading a post about filters and the posts will have an expression value I don't recognize. It would be nice to just look on the cheat sheet to see what they're talking about.
    Is this even available or am I just over thinking this?

Thanks - Mark

Tuner
    Good luck with this. Send me copy if you get one. It is difficult for a novice to find what the lookup tables and corrections mean and when they come into play. An expression table or logic table would be a tremendous help.

Advanced Tuner
    So just to clarify, I?m needing the variables, not the formulas, expressions or filters themselves.
    Thanks

It would be nice if it were than simple but it's just not. You'd need a separate definition list for every platform. Sometimes they change year to year even on the same platform/controller.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks. I guess I'll just look up tthe PID in use and write it down then any others needed for the filters I need to build. You guys just make it sound so easy, like they're coming off the top of your heads!

No, I too find filters to be a huge pain in the ass.

Similar thing, it'd be nice if you could hover over a channel and see the PID in a tooltip or something. I mean I'd think that would be like bare minimum viable functionality, but as far as I know there is no way at all to find out the PID for even an item currently in your active channels list. Or, PIDs could be displayed in their own column. In fact there is already a whole blank column in the channels pane that does absolutely nothing but take up space and tease you with how it could be, if only...

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    No, I too find filters to be a huge pain in the ass.

Similar thing, it'd be nice if you could hover over a channel and see the PID in a tooltip or something. I mean I'd think that would be like bare minimum viable functionality, but as far as I know there is no way at all to find out the PID for even an item currently in your active channels list. Or, PIDs could be displayed in their own column. In fact there is already a whole blank column in the channels pane that does absolutely nothing but take up space and tease you with how it could be, if only...
    That would work even better than a list I was thinking of and would work on any platform. Getting the guys at HPT to invest the time to make it happen would be another issue.