Thread: Help with l83 tune please

Tuner in Training

Help with l83 tune please

I am new to tuning and need a little help with my 2016 Z71 5.3 running rich at WOT its reading 11.1-11.3..crusing down the road it runs around 14.8-15.1 i adjusted the PE table some and it is a little better but i'm scared i'm gonna lean it out to much.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    forgot to mention i have 6.2 intake and cold air intake

Tuning Addict
    Did you dial the MAF in? Wouldn't worry about leaning it out. These things run good up around 12.7 to 13... Also with it being a 5.3 and a 6sp you can make it run REALLY good with some nice mpg gains with that setup.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Just out of curiosity, what kind of mileage gains have you seen?

Are we talking like higher avg fuel mileage or cruising mileage at say 65-70mph. My personal truck with stock 265/65/18 tires with DoD turned off and the tuning I've done can see 21-22mpg pretty easy during the warm months. It can get a few mpg higher with the right conditions and drafting.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuning Addict
    Some of my customers state seeing 21 with stop and go regular driving. More than that on the highway. The DI's have some "ways" if you will for leaning them out with light throttle and cruise. CAI's are usually good for 1mpg on their own. The K&N's kits usually do the best.

I do a few mpg tunes for the Canadian guys. Fuel has gotten VERY expensive there and they want to save as much as possible. If what they tell me is true around 8 or so dollars a gallon. Of course it's liters and has to be converted and what not, but nevertheless

I also normally leave DOD on and then do some things to lean them out a little, bump low end torque and so on... I've done this to local trucks and they still perform pretty nice. Of course you can do a full on performance tune and a lot of that goes out the window
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

I should say that the 21-22mpg is on the freeway for me, when I do drive my truck on a normal basis it's all city mileage so the mileage is always terrible. But when a tank of fuel can last 2 weeks or more, I don't really care
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    i am installing a GPI Stage 2 cam next week and i am going to have to re-tune so i will make sure to do MAF..I would like a all out performance tune and try and get a MPG tune for out of town vacations with the family..At least that way i can show off a little with performance tune then be a family man while on vacation..lol

Tuner in Training
    I need to take more time with my tuning i spent big $$$$ on the Gen V and Transmission Tuning books from the tuning school..It also came with MAF tuning guide so it gets me in the ballpark,but i am still learning so alot of this stuff is still making me pull my hair out..Ya'll guys have been a BIG HELP...I wish i had the knowledge that ya'll have..This is a great site with very helpful people with alot of knowledge..I dont mind driving 4hrs are so just get one of ya'll to tune my truck so i don't have to email back and forth and take up alot of your time but i gotta get something together when i install cam next week so i can drive it to get it tuned..I don't want to hurt the engine driving it far away with a half ass tune..lol...Forgot to mention im also installing long tube headers with the cam.

Don’t waste money on tuning school… sell that and recoup some money

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C