Thread: 1996 Dodge Ram Truck Question!

1996 Dodge Ram Truck Question!

Cats are gone what will this do to tune?? Will it go in to rich mode and make it use more fuel because of rear O2s? Check Engine light is not on! Seams to Runs fine. What do u guys think?

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Tuner
    You could install some sims. The rear O2's do affect the front O2 switch point bias on some Dodge trucks, not sure about the 96 though.

anybody else??

Fastest A4 Coupe Bolt On's
    11.33 @ 119.84 mph OLSD Tune

Tuning done by www.GearsAreUs.com

Tuner in Training
    my buddies 97 ram we got those spark plug anti foul adapters from an auto parts store and screwed them together and dilled the inside of one of them to fit the o2 sensor head and screwed it into the exhaust, just as long as the os sensor is not in the stream of the exhast the ses light wont come on. The rear o2 sensor should not be fluctating like the one before the cat. We gutted the cat and put it back on and did this and his truck has been running fine for 6 months and no light is on and drives fine. Now if the heater circuit goes out, it will turn the light on, but that can be by passed by a resistor. Hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by AFAN4_29
    my buddies 97 ram we got those spark plug anti foul adapters from an auto parts store and screwed them together and dilled the inside of one of them to fit the o2 sensor head and screwed it into the exhaust, just as long as the os sensor is not in the stream of the exhast the ses light wont come on. The rear o2 sensor should not be fluctating like the one before the cat. We gutted the cat and put it back on and did this and his truck has been running fine for 6 months and no light is on and drives fine. Now if the heater circuit goes out, it will turn the light on, but that can be by passed by a resistor. Hope this helps.
    Any noticable power increases?

I'd love to tune my 97 Ram, currently getting 14.5mpg
    1982 GMC S15 5.3 4L80e
    1954 Corvette ls swap in progress