Thread: What do the different colors of the MPVI2+ LED mean?

Tuner in Training

What do the different colors of the MPVI2+ LED mean?

I can never seem to tell what the MPVI2+ is doing based on the LED colors/flashing. Can't find any clear definition as to when the interface is logging data, when it is connected, etc. Help for this would be really appreciated.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    They are mainly for US to troubleshoot issues.

Green-powered and good
    Amber-busy, not a bad thing
    Red-Typically means there is an issue of some sort, could be firmware or some other failure.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post

Green-powered and good
    Red-Typically means there is an issue of some sort, could be firmware or some other failure.
    Thanks for the reply and I did google the question and searched the HPTuners forum, website, etc.

Interface is an MPVI2+. I plugged it in, turned the key on and got the Green Light.
    I then pushed the button to start logging (?), got a fast flashing Blue light. After a few seconds, I pushed the button again and got a slow flashing Blue light. Then got a Green light followed by a Blue light momentarily then Green Light.

So does the fast flashing Blue light mean it is logging data? Then does the slow flashing Blue light mean it is saving the data to a file? Then why the Blue light after the Green Light then back to the Green light?

When I have the MPVI2+ set to Trigger to log data, what light color/condition indicates that it is Triggered and logging data?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post

Green-powered and good
    Blue light isn't for the bluetoth connection?i'm trying to connect my mpvi3 via bluetoth but it says no conncetion found,mpvi3 is paired with my laptop already.
    p.d. i use a macbook with windows instaled,working perfect with a lot of hardware.

thanks
    Alex.

I have an MPVI3 so it may be different that the 2+. The BT light is blue for me when it was either pairing or after it was paired. I think it was flashing blue when it was ready to pair but before pairing was complete. This is a different light than the STAT light which will flash blue when it is in standalone scanning mode.

Tuner in Training
    What does it mean when the stat light is flashing blue? I see this as soon as I turn on the ignition

If no one answers, I'll check tomorrow and let you know since I'm not home tonight.

My stat light is always green as soon as I turn the key on - engine not running. If the MPVI3 is connected via USB to my tablet, it flashes blue for a second or two when I hit the connect to car button in the VCM Scanner.