Thread: newbie help with Cam tune

Potential Tuner

newbie help with Cam tune

I'm new to tuning and am determined to learn. I know engines and mechanics but never messed with any tuning. Anyways I have a 2013 Silverado 5.3 with the following new upgrades CAI, BTR truck norris cam, headers, 50lb gm injectors, dod and VVT delete running on e85 with sensor I have the truck running but not the best it will idle after initial start but struggles after you rev it wants to die same with anytime you come to stop at stop sign it tries to die. Im not asking for anyone to do everything for me just steer me in the right direction. I have read and watched videos but when i try to duplicate what they do it never works out the same lol. I have MPVI3 and AEM wide band wired through it. I just dont understand how to interpret what im logging vs what changes to make. anyone have a tune file for a similar vehicle I can look at to just get an idea of the areas that have been modified. I appreciate any help anyone wants to offer. I attached my tune file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

A few things straight away.

Enable the alcohol sensor in the tune, you never changed the setting from virtual to sensor.

You missed most of the injector data, so all of that is wrong. You only copied over the flow rate. You still have to change the min injector pulse, short pulse adder and the offset vs volts data.

Lower the over/underspeed spark correction for park/gear for +/- 17 degrees down to 8 degrees.

There is a cat test still active but you'll never be able to change it with the newest software, someone with an older version would have to do it for you.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    thanks man I Cant believe I missed the sensor. I did a complete start over from scratch and just missed it. I will get the rest of the injector data put in as well. and make the other over under change. I appreciate the help