Thread: 2014 f150 ecoboost

Advanced Tuner

2014 f150 ecoboost

Have y?all ever had a instance you where the KOM does not reset ? I?ve tried a kam reset with vcm scanner, Matco scanner at my job, also tried a write entire and when I hook up it?s at -1.00 and shows inferred octane of 98. This truck has been on 87 for a long time and I wound up adding about 15 gallons of 93 and 2 gallons of e85 just to see what the kom would go up to and how much timing it would take on good fuel and now it won?t come off -1.00 any ideas? I guess I can run it down to about empty then refill with 87 and let it relearn I was just trying to see why it would not clear.

Advanced Tuner
    I should have said the OAR don’t come off -1 like it has before

Advanced Tuner
    I've only done a write entire once and it did reset then, pretty sure it did with using KAM reset in VCM Scanner as well.
    Usually when I need to do that, I use ForScan and "reset adaptations"

Advanced Tuner
    Yea when I been on regular 87 with it the truck has relearned between 87-90 octane on it this is the first time it’s had 93 and more it’s like once it hit the -1 it’s been stuck. Just odd to me, I unplugged the two pcm connectors about 30 minutes ago I’ll reconnect and check it on drive home and see where it starts off from.

Advanced Tuner
    Disconnect pcm for a hour didn’t help, didn’t want to disconnect battery to loose the mpg average I been tracking lol so I put 15 gallons of 87 in and drove it for a bit and got into part throttle knock and i held it for 6 second minim. Didn’t take long to get it down to 0.17 I’ll see where it finally settles but that was just after 5 minutes of driving. Traffic was getting too tight to keep driving that way lol but it unlearned rather fast