Thread: Baro Code P2230 2018 Camaro ZL1

Potential Tuner

Baro Code P2230 2018 Camaro ZL1

I have a 2018 Camaro ZL1 A10 with a Texas Speed 427, cam, longtubes, PRC heads and a maggie 2650 blower on it, stick upper 90mm pulley on it. The car has a 103NW TB, and a big gulp Rotofab intake (some background info on the car). Car has been running fine and been tuned. The alternator kicked the bucket and I replaced it about a week ago with a brand new GM one. However a couple days ago driving home from work after a hard pull the dash displayed "ENGINE POWER REDUCED" and an SES light popped. So when I got home I plug in my HP Tuners and scanned the DTC codes and getting

0x7E8: P2230 - Barometric Pressure (BARO) Sensor Circuit Intermittent (SES, Pending, Current, History).

The car runs fine, AFRs are fine, no rough idle, nothing. I attempted to reset the codes and it comes right back. I disconnected battery let sit and then plugged in and after I drive comes right back and reduces engine power. I looked at the MAF and checked connections they are fine, I looked at the MAP and checked connections and it was kind of tight in the back from the main engine harness stretching around the maggie and I used zipties on the main harness to draw it up and give that MAP sensor wire behind the blower some slack. STILL COMES BACK!!! What the heck? Is there something in the tune that needs to be disabled? Can you disable this code and not affect the tune? Do you need BARO for the tune? Just need some help because this is getting VERY frustrating!

Tuning Addict
    Barometric pressure sensor on the lt4 was originally attached to a bracket that was mounted to the blower lid. You either have a wire coming apart or poor terminal tension from the alternator replacement. Find where the sensor was relocated to and go from there.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Screenshot_20230329-014503_Gallery.jpg

OK so then its this sensor (this is on the driver side close to TB)? Its been tapped in from the hose from my mighty mouse catch can to the supercharger inlet. So this shouldn't be tapped off this line it should be hanging in free air??

Tuning Addict
    This is a corvette, but just a quick google search - https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums...-sensor.htmlIt should be to open air.
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC