Thread: Help if you can 6.0 799 ls6 tune ?

Tuner in Training

Help if you can 6.0 799 ls6 tune ?

I have a issue getting a swap to start. Newer to this stuff but trying to figure it out. So its a 2001 6.0 with a 4l60e transmission. The trans is 100% stock. The engine is a little bit modified. Nothing crazy. But starting with the stock tune from the 6.0 making little adjustments like raising rpm and removing a little fuel, and just can get it to start at all. just cranks and wants to start here and there but dont. Really lookin for some help just to get it at least started so i can go from there. I know theres a bunch of people that really know theyre stuff and can lean me in right direction, any help is greatly appreciated. I can

2001 6.0
    cable throttle body
    Flat top pistons
    799 heads
    ls6 intake
    ls6 injectors
    and a small summit cam. ( SUM-8719R1 )

not sure if cam specs would help at all but here they are.
    and will add the stock tune if that helps at all too.

Basic Operating RPM Range: 1,800-6,200
    Intake Duration at 050 inch Lift: 209
    Exhaust Duration at 050 inch Lift: 217
    Duration at 050 inch Lift: 209 int./217 exh.
    Intake Duration:261
    Exhaust Duration:270
    Duration: 261 int./270 exh.
    Intake Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.550 in.
    Exhaust Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.550 in.
    Valve Lift with Factory Rocker Arm Ratio: 0.550 int./0.550 exh.
    Lobe Separation (degrees): 112
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Here is just little changes i made, nothing crazy, stupid things that dont matter like fans, tire size, gear ratio, vats.
    But trying to get it to fire i did go under engine/idle/rpm/base setpoint, and set that to 975

and went under the engine/idle/rpm/airflow/base running airflow/idle airflow and added i believe 20% to 30% there. here is that save

Advanced Tuner
    Here is a file to get you started. Make sure you find your correct injector data and copy it in. You will want to get your ve dialed in as well. You can download the bluecat trans tool and dial in your shift points. Be careful of spark knock.

Tuner in Training
    little new to it. just wanna make sure im lookin in right spot for the injector data. is this under
    engine / fuel / general / and then looking at injector control, flow rate , limits , offset , pulse corrections , and injection timing sections. is that right? i have a tune from the ls6 that had same injectors and intake, do i just copy over differences in those areas i listed? here is the ls6 file if needed. df.PNG

Advanced Tuner
    You will need flow rate vs kpa, min and default pulse, offset and short pulse adder. The default pulse I change if I have it but most of the time I leave it alone. If you have vacuum reference on your regulator it will use the same flow rate across the whole table, if not then it will be sloped.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 04silverado6.0 View Post
    You will need flow rate vs kpa, min and default pulse, offset and short pulse adder. The default pulse I change if I have it but most of the time I leave it alone. If you have vacuum reference on your regulator it will use the same flow rate across the whole table, if not then it will be sloped.
    Just wanted to write back and thank you for helping me out. was able to load data and make some changes and get it idling pretty good, will of course go further when im ready, but good idle was what i was after and you really helped me out. ...
    Thank you