Thread: 5.3L PCM to 5.7?

Potential Tuner

5.3L PCM to 5.7?

I have tried the search but can't seem to find anything. I'm hoping one of you guys could get me going here or at least point me in the right direction.
    I have a 99-02 5.7L/4L60E that I have swapped into my 70 Z28. I have a 0411 PCM from an 2002 5.3L truck that I plan to use with this. I need to change my PCM from 5.3 to 5.7. How do I do this? I have had HPT for years and used it a lot, but nothing to this extent. I would appreciate any help or advice.

Senior Tuner
    To start just change the displacement. It's on the first page of the engine tab. It's engine displacement / 8

Beyond that.. just tune away
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Senior Tuner
    Are the Injectors the same as what came on the truck?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Are the Injectors the same as what came on the truck?
    No, I am using 00 Z28 injectors

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    To start just change the displacement. It's on the first page of the engine tab. It's engine displacement / 8

Beyond that.. just tune away
    Ok, Simple enough! I didn't know if this would involve segment swapping and all that. Thank you for your help

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacie View Post
    No, I am using 00 Z28 injectors
    Will need to update the injector data in the new PCM.

Potential Tuner
    One more question. What is segment swapping? Or the better question would be, what all situations would you need to use it?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stacie View Post
    One more question. What is segment swapping? Or the better question would be, what all situations would you need to use it?
    Most commonly used when you swap from a 4l60 to 4l80 transmission or when changing from a 97-98 ecm to a 99+ ecm where you'll need to segment swap so the fuel sender reads correctly. There are very few instances inbetween that require segment swaps from my personal experience.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"