Thread: 6.0 PowerStroke 175/30 injectors and Kc stage 2 Turbo

Potential Tuner

6.0 PowerStroke 175/30 injectors and Kc stage 2 Turbo

I'm looking for a write up on Parameter settings for Inferred map, Maximum map, VGT duty cycles, EBP transfer functions, ICP desired, Inj PW, Ficm tuning, and torque calculations. i would like to know why these need changed and what they do for each other. i know basics on pedal map and timing. Im new to diesels and have been using sct for mod motors for around 6 years now. I'm currently doing a 6.0 with 175/30 injectors, stage 2 kc turbo with full bullet proof. Iv searched and can't really find any tips or videos on tuning these parameters
    Last edited by Eric_Crook; 03-28-2023 at 10:57 AM.

Hope fully I can write this to where A: I am right (this is how I understand the tables) and B: You can understand it.

Here it goes

Inferred map: This is what the ECU wants to see coming from the MAP sensor. Typically i change the bottom two rows closer to the upper end of the RPM Not much difference I have seen.

Maximum Map: Max amount of boost the MAP sensor/ECU wants to see.

VGT Duty cycles: This is what the ecu will use to control the turbo in OPEN LOOP controlling. 50% means the vanes are 50% open/closed however you look at it glass half full or glass half empty type deal.

EBP Transfer functions: This is the scaling of the EBP sensor. If the sensor is setup to say 4 volts is 30psi you can change that to say 4 volts is 35psi.

ICP desired: This is what the ecu will tell the HPOP system to do during certain situations. IE: 50mg fuel at 1600 rpm we can ask it to deliver (or TRY) 2500psi

INJ PW: if its in the ECU section and not in the FICM don't touch it. i have never touched it and if I'm not mistaken the ecu has no bearing on what PW the injectors do, only the FICM does.

FICM tuning: This is where the FICM ( fuel injection control module) reads what the ecu is doing and then delivers the correct voltage/coil open time ( pulse width) to the injectors. It does more but for tuning aspects most only touch the PW tables

Torque Calculations: This is exactly what it says, It is a calculation of what torque the engine is putting out. This is used heavily with getting the transmission to shift correctly. If you say its making more torque than what it really is, the trans will shift hard or slam into gear. If you say its making way less than what it is it could slip into gear more so than what you want causing burnt clutches.

I hope this helps out and again this is just MY opinion on these tables. I have been using them this way for a few years now and it works well.
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Potential Tuner
    Thank you for that! i have basic understanding of these but wanted to be correct on them. I appreciate your info.

no problem!

Anymore questions feel free to ask. ALOT of good information on here.

There is also a Facebook group called HPTuners 6.0 6.4 6.7 you can join that has alot of good info also.
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

Potential Tuner
    Eric 6.0 Tow File 1.hpt i built this file and i have no boost on takeoff and the turbo doesnt whistle at idle like it does with my blessed tune. onve rolling and in boost it pulls decent for not alot of fuel.

first thing i notice is your Fuel limit tables. They are all over the place.

lets take 2500 rpms for example you are asking for 78mg of fuel full load. you will only EVER get 70mg because of how you have your limiting tables.
    For me i set my limiting tables either way way high to eliminate the limiting factor or if im asking for, lets say 78mg of fuel i will set my limiting tables to 80mg so it can never ask more.

Your fueling for 2500 rpm is actually LOWER than stock in most places. I personally build a tow tune and ask for 90mg of fuel.

Pedal map table. i see your asking for 105 in the upper parts of the throttle... with your fuel limiting factors you have in place you will NEVER reach that.

Fuel for max torque -78mg
    Pedal map 105% of 78 = 81.9
    Limiting factors 70mg

You will only get 70mg even though you are asking for 81.9mg

TIMING TABLES

i see you added some timing BUT took some away in the temp tables. IAT of 68 degrees is where i saw it. its ADDING 2* in stock form. You took it down by 1*

Lets say stock timing is -5* you add 1* so now you want -4*

Its 68 degrees outside and your pulling in 68 Degrees (hypothetically speaking)

since you took that 1* away from the IAT table you are now right back to stock timing.

My tow tune has NO negative timing. Mainly because i test my limits and i am Studded.

This is the way i do it. I am just giving you my insight.
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

This is a copy of an SCT tow tune. NOT telling you to copy and run it. I am just throwing this out there for reference.

F350 SCT 65HP.hpt
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    8" lift
    35" tires

Banned
    icp tables arent going to work even in a tow tune. it will idle like crap. need about 1000 psi at idle believe it or not. and your not going to have enough high pressure oil on the top end. and with the way your fuel clip is your asking for more fuel but the icp wont allow it. max torque limit doesnt do anything on this strategy. you can leave it at 600 it wont matter. and the turbo tables need to go up.. your not going to clean up the smoke with the fuel your dumping at it. i would adjust the ebp tables and turbo to make more boost. with 175/30 injectors and kc stage 2 which is too big for those injectors anyway you should be making 45psi of boost no problem. your gunna run out of fuel before you run out of air. kc stage 1 would spool faster and not be so smokey on the bottom end.

@Powerstrokecustoms your PM box is full, I have a question for you.

Banned
    email me.. [email protected]