Thread: 2005 6.0 PowerStroke New PCM

Potential Tuner

2005 6.0 PowerStroke New PCM

Question i installed a new pcm into my truck because the ficm will not sync with the cam sensor. can i use a stock file to re program this new computer from hp tuners or do i need a flash from the dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by Eric_Crook View Post
    Question i installed a new pcm into my truck because the ficm will not sync with the cam sensor. can i use a stock file to re program this new computer from hp tuners or do i need a flash from the dealer?
    Not 100% on this but I?m pretty sure this has to be done with IDS (ford programming)

Not sure if HPT can do that. I could be wrong. Never tried it.
    2003 Ford excursion 6.0 PSD
    No limit intake
    Straight pipe
    Studded
    EGR delete
    KC billet single plane compressor wheel
    Self Tuned
    XDP Regulated return
    RDP Fuel sump
    AEM progressive water meth
    Custom suspension air bags
    8" lift
    35" tires

Potential Tuner
    Im pretty sure your correct on this i was just gonna get opinions before i went forward with the dealer.

Banned
    is the part number on the pcm the same as the old? if it is then you dont have to flash the ficm.

Potential Tuner
    it is yes. what is going on is i have a no ficm sync to cam. i installed the old pcm back in and still the same issue. Truck was running fine besides having 2 stuck injectos. repalced those and never started again. ficm is confirmed good. no hpo leaks i air testested. icp, ipr, ebp, ficm, are at the correct V/% to run. replaced the cam sensor with an new ford unit. tach signal is good.

Banned
    Bad cam sensor wire. run a new pigtail off the harness. is it a rebuilt engine??