Thread: E67 VATS Help! No start

Potential Tuner

E67 VATS Help! No start

Having an issue. 4.6 Northstar LH2/6L50 swap into a CTS. No start, no injector pulse. Am I doing something wrong? Changed VATS Patches to disabled, along with starter diagnostics and clutch interlock to disable. Performed Write Entire as well. CTS has conventional ignition with 12v+ crank signal. That is wired straight to starter relay. All wiring has been checked. I'm stumped.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Does it have spark? Does it have battery voltage to the each bank of injectors? When you are cranking it does it start and stall? When you are cranking it does it have cranking RPM?

P0513 is still No MIL, which is not the same as No Error. The others got changed correctly so you probably just missed that one.

Potential Tuner
    Have power during cranking on all circuits. Live data shows engine rpm during cranking too. Fuel pressure solid 55psi,

Brake clean down the intake, doesn't even attempt to start, so no spark as well.

I'll change the P0513 and report back. Thanks!

Potential Tuner
    Ok, changed P0513 as noted, still no change. Verified wiring at ECU again, even backprobed. Ground, Voltage all good. Park/Neutral signal valid at ECM, so it brake switch. Im at a loss here. Perhaps being difficult as ECM/TCM is wired as Standalone?

So currently no injector pulse, and no spark.

Would I be better off installing a SRX Theft deterrent module and BCM? My car is already PK3+ so tossing the TDM over the lock cylinder not an issue. BCM can just run data, power, ground. But honestly there shouldnt be any reason for me to go this far.

Here is the file so far. Should P0633 be no mil or no error reporting?
    Attached Files Attached Files

VATS does not cause no-spark, it disables fuel and/or cranking only. At least that's what the service manual claims.

Have switched IGN at ECM X1-18? This is one of my personal bugbears, the manual insists on calling it 'serial data wakeup enable' but it's really just another IGN feed.

screenshot.29-03-2023 12.37.45.png screenshot.29-03-2023 12.37.40.png

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    VATS does not cause no-spark, it disables fuel and/or cranking only. At least that's what the service manual claims.

OMFG I should know better. I used my own scantool to check datastream, saw no cam sensor counts. I guess I shouldnt have been wiring this car up on a 19hr caffeine and tylenol induced binger. Right Exhaust cam sensor @ connector, I had supply and signal wires backwards. Im literally ashamed of myself for making that rookie mistake (ive done many engine swaps, im a wiring mad scientist)

Damn engine fired up so fast it scared the crap outta me. Car is currently open exhaust off the manifolds.

Thanks so much for everybody's assistance!!!