Thread: New Guy here trying to sort this all out

Potential Tuner

New Guy here trying to sort this all out

2004 Tahoe been playing with tuner for a few weeks.

It's all stock with 208k miles rebuilt trans and a fresh tune up. Everything is reading good did replace 1 o2 sensor for heater circuit.
    I've played with it a bit while watching Goat ropers garage,, lol
    I know this scan is small,,, and I need to keep filling cells,,,,, I did reset ltft before this ride.

doing a 2600 mile round trip to Disney this Saturday and don't want to screw anything up,, don't think I have, or even close,, but you know us new guys.

I appreciate you folks willing to be here to give back to the crowd,,, I've been on several 6.5 diesel forums with great advice as well as 30yrs body work,,, but this bleap bloop tuning is a new thing,, I'm enjoying and trying to get a grip on.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Mr Dave; 03-28-2023 at 09:34 PM.

Potential Tuner

Advanced Tuner
    Hello and welcome. Not a lot to pick apart here other than the enrichment rate. Usually a value of 1 will suffice for 99% of the time. Watch your commanded lambda for wot enrichment as well. Your still showing positive ltfts and stfts in the upper rpm range. Make sure that you are tuning the maf and ve tables independently of each other and properly smoothing the tables after adjustments. Your low octane table should be fine left alone for an all stock motor on 87 octane. Moving it up alters the ecm's ability to dummy down timing tables to avoid spark knock. Which you also have at higher loads. This is probably due to the ecm defaulting to the high octane table after a flash. Tq management in the trans looks to have been altered. Make sure that the rest of the trans tune is adjusted first and then adjust if you need to. Thats my advice anyway. Happy tuning!

Potential Tuner
    awesome,,,, thank you,,, I'll look into a few things. Learning as I go. I have bumped the timing in the low octane part, about 2 points at first,, then have been adjusting them via the knock table, and have been logging spartkRetard to keep that to a minimum.
    I have been making sure with ea adjustment, I go thru and smooth a few areas out.

A lot of this will be,,,, change it,, learn how that change makes an effect, then move on to next thing,,, which is the slow way. Nope body likes it,, but It's the right way.

Having a trip here in a few days,, I've been pretty conservatives,, I think,, in my adjustments. I'm loving how it has responded to these small tweaks,, and was aiming to make a gas saver tune for the 2600miles,, but I also don't want to burn it up. I did pull and copy special % half the ltft's after this mornings 35 min drive to the ve table,, and will log that when I go pick up the Mrs,, then report that log back here.

Thanks for the info,, and Stay tuned!!

Advanced Tuner
    Slow and steady friend. Make notes to speed up the learning process. Yellow legal pads were a positive addition to my arsenal.

Potential Tuner
    Todays efforts,, Longer drive file