Thread: when did unlimited license price change?

Tuner in Training

when did unlimited license price change?

Wow, just bought the HPTuner and got ready to unlock unlimited as I have a truck and 2 buds with 2 trucks so figured they would give me the extra $100 each to absorb the cost but now I see differences...

unlimited 1998 - 2009 4.8/5.3/5.7/6.0/8.1 for $300

now it is changed to... 2001 - 2017 same engines.. yay more later years BUT $600!!!!
    I am not a business but a hobbyist.

Now I am not complaining, but curious of one other thing. What happened if I did purchase the licenses for unlimited as I should have immediately, then this kind of change happens...
    do I have to pay the extra $300 to keep the unlimited or grandfathered in?
    Just trying to understand for the future.

I guess for now I will just be unlocking 3 trucks for $300 and not go unlimited as I cannot vouch that extra $ for now.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    2007+ silverado/sierra use a gen 4 ecm...keep in mind we don't support "engines" we support ECM's and TCM's

2016+ Silverado/sierra do not offer year/model license options.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Senior Tuner
    And the Unlimited License is for a particular year only. Not multiple years of the same "model".

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Correct. 1 year 1 model for instance unlimited 2013 Silverado V8 is 12 credits.

He might fall out of his chair once he adds up what unlimited GEN 3 computers actually costs, what's it 130 credits?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    hah all.. well i guess i was totally misunderstanding on the licensing then.
    Since I am not a business, I guess single here and there for me!

I know Jeep are singles (well 2 credits per) and so I guess my shopping list is
    2002 8.1L
    2015 JKU 3.6L
    2022 JLU 3.6L

so 2 creds each x 6 = $300 and i can do all 3..
    Last edited by RootBreaker; 03-30-2023 at 01:18 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill@HPTuners View Post
    Correct. 1 year 1 model for instance unlimited 2013 Silverado V8 is 12 credits.
    I am coming back to this as I did my first tune for a friend.. well we turned on 2 fans.... we just paid $100 to unlock his VIN..
    so we did 2 credits...

but you are saying the full unlock of $600.... say 2002 Avalanch V8.... would be 12 credits... not 2002 5.3L or yes... the year and engine $600 = unlimited?
    you say V8 and not engine size.. so sorry trying to understand this...

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    year/model license covers an unlimited amount of vehicles for that specific year/model combination, for instance to tune an unlimited amount of 2013 Chevy Silverado v8 trucks is 12 credits. If you want to tune an unlimited amount of 2012 Chevy Silverado v8 trucks it would be another 12 credits and so on.

Advanced Tuner
    Can the gen 4 group car/truck license still be purchased? Im not seeing the option when i hook up to a gen 4 truck, only the option for the year/make/model or single vin.

Advanced Tuner
    Just confirmed, gen group license are gone. Somebody must have wanted to finance that bigger house or yacht. Gen 4 year/make/model is still 12 credits even though they are not adding new features for these 15 year old cars.