Thread: Dealer installed Voodoo intake, Gt350 throttle body, CAI, engine cuts randomly WOT

Tuner in Training

Dealer installed Voodoo intake, Gt350 throttle body, CAI, engine cuts randomly WOT

2016 Mustang Gt 5.0L Manual, The Dealer installed a Voodoo 5.2L intake & upgraded Throttle body because they couldn't acquire a factory intake. has a K&N cold air intake, it's had some sort of tune in the past and they were not able to overwrite the "voodoo tune" on a NON-factory Tune. It cuts randomly under power or WOT. it usually seems to be when the car is colder, after a while it doesnt seem to do it anymore. Getting a few dtc's as well: p061b internal control module torque calculation performance, p2006 intake manifold runner control stuck closed bank 1, p2007 intake manifold runner control stuck closed bank 2. all pending not stored. From what i understand what has been installed into the car is basically a PP3

Heres whats currently in the car, this is how it was given to me.

2016 MUSTANG CURRENT TUNE EVENING OF 3-15-23 838PM.hpt

edit: i am an idiot
    Last edited by junits15; 03-29-2023 at 06:04 PM.
    I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing

Tuner in Training
    Did they plug in the intake valves? You'll need to get a tune for the vehicle as well. If we can help out any give us a call or email 410-620-3020 [email protected]

Advanced Tuner
    the voodoo parts are from the ford racing power pack kit just odd they didnt use the gt350 air intake and filter set up instead of the k&n

This will work just fine, just need a correct tune.

Tuner in Training
    ive made some adjustments, the car wasn't cutting out yesterday after my 3rd round of adjustments. seemed to have pretty good power. Now today the car is not driving as well and has these codes back: p061b internal control module torque calculation performance, p2006 intake manifold runner control stuck closed bank 1, p2007 intake manifold runner control stuck closed bank 2.

I checked, the manifold runners are not stuck, i used a vacuum pump to actuate them.

i have changed the tps config, throttle angle max, max throttle angle vs rpm. tps config: current max clip & gear ratio.
    Manifold volume, Rpm custoff raised to 7500, neutral exit speed to 1mph, max speed 200, vss limit etc: 186mph

Last tune i installed is attached.2016 MUSTANG mod 3 Airflow, Electronic Throttle changes, manifold volume, +RPMcut7500, neutral .hpt