Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: turbo 5.3 ls basemap

Tuner in Training

turbo 5.3 ls basemap

hello, i have a 411 pcm and am currently building a turbo 5.3 with a 76mm turbo. can someone help me with a basemap or point me in the direction so i can flash my pcm properly with the best os for this setup.
    my setup is
    02 5.3 out of a tahoe
    decapped injectors (approx 80lb injectors)
    7675mm turbo
    4l60e transmission
    gm 3bar map sensor
    iat sensor welded to the charge pipe.

if you need more info please let me know and i will provide it.

another question i have is , is the stock 02 tahoe pcm the best pcm for this setup? is there a better pcm out there that i can purchase that will do the job better?
    Last edited by cadillacjack; 03-29-2023 at 09:47 AM.

Senior Tuner
    You are going to have to get rid of those injectors. They are terrible.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    You are going to have to get rid of those injectors. They are terrible.
    they are these injectors. actually dont know if they are flex fuel injectors or not https://www.ebay.com/itm/35427716501...3ABFBM2qqo3eVh

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Alvin View Post
    You are going to have to get rid of those injectors. .
    if they are flow tested, theyre actually really nice.

I'd be interested in knowing why you think they arent?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cadillacjack View Post
    is the stock 02 tahoe pcm
    best, best for what?
    i tell my customers under 600 rwhp use the stock ecm. over 600 use holley.
    BUT, when you say best, that is a figure of speach. Best for what? daily driving? road racing? datalogging? turning nos kits on or off?
    a mild combo like yours, yes the stock ecm should be more than fine.
    But, if you get crazy and start turning it up and wanitng it to do things like stage, control mulitple kits, line lock, trans brake, all that cool stuff, no its not the best.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by bk2life View Post
    if they are flow tested, theyre actually really nice.

I'd be interested in knowing why you think they arent?
    What does flow tested actually mean in this instance? And how would we know if it's true anyway? Then he said they are decapped and 80lb injectors. Either way, the odds of good GM format data are remote.

Anything on Ebay shipped from around LA, I always assume they are straight off the boat from China.

Decapping injectors changes all of the injector characteristics, not just the flow rate. Having them flow tested and putting together a batch that matches well is kinda pointless if you're left with unknown Offset & Short Pulse Adder data.

Advanced Tuner
    Post up your current tune file

Tuner in Training
    the injectors were flow tested and are all around 80lb/hr. they will do just fine. im only looking to make 5-600hp. it is going in a 1963 cadillac coupe deville. i dont currently have any turbo tune as the car isnt finished. the only "tune" i have is the stock tune that i pulled off the factory pcm. as far as best pcm goes, im asking if the 411 that i have is the best factory pcm for the setup that i have or is there a better one that can have more features. i understand that a holley or aem will be the best but im not to that point yet. eventually i will go with a holley but for now i just need something that will work with what ive got.

Senior Tuner
    the injectors were flow tested and are all around 80lb/hr. they will do just fine. im only looking to make 5-600hp.
    Are you only going to drive it at WOT? Do you have all of the GM format data for them (not just max flow rate)? If not, they won't do fine.

Tuner in Training
    Also should I run a maf or will I be good with the 3bar map sensor and IAT sensor

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Are you only going to drive it at WOT? Do you have all of the GM format data for them (not just max flow rate)? If not, they won't do fine.
    there are plenty of people who have done this mod. im just asking for a basemap to get me started. it is going to be a street car. not a full blown racecar

Senior Tuner
    there are plenty of people who have done this mod. im just asking for a basemap to get me started. it is going to be a street car. not a full blown racecar
    Plenty of people that have used those injectors? Unknown injectors will work better in a racecar than a street car. When someone like Alvin tells you to get different injectors, you should listen.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Plenty of people that have used those injectors? Unknown injectors will work better in a racecar than a street car. When someone like Alvin tells you to get different injectors, you should listen.
    ill buy id1000s if it bothers you that much. they are factory gm injectors that are decapped. they arent some shitty unknown injectors.

Senior Tuner
    I give up. If you aren't willing to listen to Alvin and blindsquirrel, you are going to have problems

Advanced Tuner
    guys, lets get passed the decapped issue here. No need to argue, there are plenty of poeple who are runnig them and have ZERO issues, i am currently building a decapped 4.8 that will see abtou 15psi of boost.
    There is plenty of info out there on them. BUT this isnt what hes asking.

Advanced Tuner
    I run decapped injectors all the time and have not had an issue. Its not perfect but I am not setting records here either. It is low buck and it works for 85% of people. Did i mention that they are cheap

Advanced Tuner
    Post up your tune file please sir