Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: turbo 5.3 ls basemap

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by bk2life View Post
    guys, lets get passed the decapped issue here. No need to argue, there are plenty of poeple who are runnig them and have ZERO issues, i am currently building a decapped 4.8 that will see abtou 15psi of boost.
    There is plenty of info out there on them. BUT this isnt what hes asking.
    thank you. im just looking for a basemap to get me started and want to know the best os that will work with the pcm that i have.

The injector data is what nearly every calculation the PCM does is based off of. So yes, in asking for a basemap this is exactly what he's asking for.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by reubone View Post
    Post up your tune file please sir
    02 tahoe 5.3 76mm.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Post up your tune file please sir
    this is the tune i pulled off the stock pcm with my credits from hpt

Tuner in Training
    bump

Need data for your injectors or, if that does not exist, injectors that have data available.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Need data for your injectors or, if that does not exist, injectors that have data available.
    the only thing i really have is the flow test. they were tested around 7-8 seconds each and all flowed around 79-80. that is the only info i have and i have a video showing them spraying in the tubes with numbers on them

Advanced Tuner
    02 tahoe 5.3 76mmOS.hpt
    Very basic set up here, but this where I would probably start if this is on a non cammed engine. Will need further calibration

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacjack View Post
    the only thing i really have is the flow test. they were tested around 7-8 seconds each and all flowed around 79-80. that is the only info i have and i have a video showing them spraying in the tubes with numbers on them
    Great, so you can fill in the Injector Flow Rate table. What will you do about the others that are now different and total unknowns after decapping - Min Injector Pulse, Offset vs Volts vs VAC, & Short Pulse Adder?

Tuner in Training
    02 tahoe 5.3 76mmOS.hpt
    Very basic set up here, but this where I would probably start if this is on a non cammed engine. Will need further calibration
    thank you very much. can i do real time tuning with this pcm?

Tuner in Training
    Great, so you can fill in the Injector Flow Rate table. What will you do about the others that are now different and total unknowns after decapping - Min Injector Pulse, Offset vs Volts vs VAC, & Short Pulse Adder?
    ive done a little research and still am looking up info on this but what i see online is if you have the factory tune you can keep all the factory injector info and just adjust the flow rate vs kpa table. im a newb when it comes to this obviously but thats waht i was going to do. if it runs like crap i will order injectors from a reputable company. im not going to be tuning the car, i have a reputable tuner where i live. i just need to get it running

If you are going to be paying a tuner to finish it up, and they truly spend enough time working on it to compensate for the missing/unknown injector data, and then they charge you for that time, you would come out a lot cheaper if you'd just buy injectors with good data before you start.

If you have somebody who's willing to work for free, or if they just do a half-assed job and ship it, then decaps are a pretty good deal I guess?

'Doing research online' will lead you to everything from Birds Aren't Real to lizard people controlling the world from an underground base in Arizona. Or whatever. You can find every flavor of bad info if you go looking for it and don't have the wisdom to sort out the good info from the bullshit.

Tuner in Training
    You’re still stuck in the damn injectors dude. Give it up geez.. thank you but no thank you for your help.. there is info all over sloppy and tons of people do it so it works. Yes new injectors are great but they aren’t necessary for what I’m doing.
    Last edited by cadillacjack; 03-30-2023 at 04:31 PM.

Injectors with no data work fine at WOT, you can pretty easily tune to find the flow rate and the fiddly data isn't really needed for WOT. The stuff at low pulsewidths (idle, cruise) is the part you can't discover through tuning. Like the stuff you need a street car to do well. I'm trying to help you not punch yourself in the face over and over.

What's your realistic power goal? Street toy only or racing for money? Gasoline or E85?

Senior Tuner
    So I guess I didn't actually give up. Why are you on here asking for help when there is all that great info on "sloppy"?

It's probably something like 500-550 at the tire, pump gas only, and all this stupid nonsense could be solved by $55/set injectors. If it's more than 51lb-hr can support it needs real injectors anyway. Some people think there's virtue in being ignorant, I don't get it.

This is like ordering a Big Mac but no meat and no buns, then complaining that what they gave you looks nothing at all like the picture on the menu.

Tuner in Training
    Injectors with no data work fine at WOT, you can pretty easily tune to find the flow rate and the fiddly data isn't really needed for WOT. The stuff at low pulsewidths (idle, cruise) is the part you can't discover through tuning. Like the stuff you need a street car to do well. I'm trying to help you not punch yourself in the face over and over.

What's your realistic power goal? Street toy only or racing for money? Gasoline or E85?
    looking to make 5-600 on pump gas andwill be a weekend cruiser..nothing crazy. ive already said i would buy good injectors if i need to. i have de capped injectors currently so im just trying to use them
    Last edited by cadillacjack; 03-30-2023 at 10:23 PM.

Tuner in Training
    my next question is, can i upload a os that has the 2bar speed density rtt tuning to my pcm even if it wasnt an option on my pcm when i go to the OS tab

Could you, yeah but I see no reason for that.

Your current computer allows for a 2 bar upgrade already, going to a 2 bar RTT file isn't giving you much and 99% of people don't use RTT anyway.

You'd also waste credits doing such a change because you'd likely have to flash in a 2002 Silverado OS instead of the Tahoe OS that you have now.

As for the injectors, yes we know that you have them but that's the problem, they suck lol. Injector data is extremely important for tuning, injector data is what will make the airflow model correct. Fudging numbers and dealing with weird fueling issues will drive people up a wall. A cheap set of good injectors from a later model GM truck will make that 500hp fun truck.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.