Thread: 1-2 upshift issue (minor)

Tuner in Training

1-2 upshift issue (minor)

Can more experianced tuner look over some log files and some editor files, first to make sure I am not hurting anything and to help with an annoying problem with my 1-2 upshift.
    Vehicle: 2018 Silverado L83; my stock file and my latest file,
    Now the issue I trying to correct is under WOT, when the 1-2 upshift happens, there something happening with torque management, right after the shift it?s like it reduces power, like falls on its face still for about 300 or 400 ms then picks back up, some of the lag time I have managed to reduce but not all of it. The only thing I can see in the log file (included) is the Trans Eng Torque drops from like high 300?s to ? number (like -22, -99) for a very small split second then back up to the high 300?s, now I don?t fell this happening in the 2-3 or 3-4 upshifts. Look at the time stamp between 19:04:23 and 19:04:24 and you?ll see the torque drop.
    I am getting ready to do a cam swap and I want to get familiar with tuning to be ready, hope you can help, let me know if you need anymore info, thanks for your help
    Attached, stock file, current file and latest log file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuning Addict
    The whole reason why torque management happens when it shouldn't be happening per say is for the trans to complete a shift. Most of the time "it knows" it won't be able to complete the shift in the programmed preset commanded shift time frame and it'll cut the throttle or timing to complete it in an attempt to save the clutches. You need to set it up to complete the shift in that time frame. This may not fix your issue as I'm not going to change all of the shift timing to what I run, but it should give you an idea as to what drives the functions to complete the shift. Just pay attention to what I changed corresponding to elsewhere in the calibration of the trans (timing tables) There's also some prefill and other tables that help too besides this.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC