Thread: Adding Fuel gauge/sender to PCM on OS 1273001

Tuner

Adding Fuel gauge/sender to PCM on OS 1273001

Hi All,

I'm hoping someone can help me with this one, I'm trying to get the fuel gauge/sensor readings to be fed into the PCM so I can pull the values through a android tablet to use as a gauge cluster.
    Long story short my car is a frankenstein of 4th gen firebird car parts, 2003 VY commodore wiring, LS1 PCM and commodore BCM, and a commodore dash which I'm removing in favour of a customised dash comprising mainly of PC screens and android tablets.

Getting rid of the VY Commodore gauge cluster which relied heavily on the Body Control Module for the data along with the annoying ABS/Traction control and SRS warnings was an added benefit of this project, and I plan to use the Palmer Engineering Dash Command on the Android tablet to display all the necessary gauges for speedo, tach, temps etc.

The only thing I can't seem to get is the fuel gauge and trip computer stuff.
    I know the Dash command software has the provision to poll this from the PCM, but my 0411PCM wiring doesn't have an input or any wiring diagram I've seen that would include a fuel level sensor reading to be inputted.

My fuel tank is a 4th gen 1998 Firebird one with the 240-33ohm sender unit, and I just need to know if this is compatible with the fuel module in the OS/PCM and if so, where would I wire the reference and sender wire on the PCM?

I assume the [ECM]17001 Fuel Primary Volume vs level table is the calibration for entering the reading at given fuel levels, but the [ECM]17000 Fuel Gauge Output vs Level is a bit more of a mystery to me as its talking output in PWM%.

My assumption here is aftermarket or gauges using the ECM/PCM use PWM rather than ohms to send the readings to the gauges, in which case there'd need to be a wire out of the PCM for this yes?
    Also the Sender Min and Max A/D ... I have no clue what that's about.
    Any help is greatly appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Nobody?

Well I found the PCM Red Pin 53 is for fuel gauge in, so I'm going to wire my sender output directly into that and hope for the best.
    There's no fuel gauge output pin I could find, so my best guess is if the fuel level is going to the PCM then it sends it out as OBD2 data so the DashCommand should pick it up, and use the calibration from the tune to tell it the level..
    Will report back after some testing.