Thread: 5.3 flex fuel conv now truck Norris'd

Tuner in Training

5.3 flex fuel conv now truck Norris'd

I have made strides in getting it to idle but there is something going on with the fuel trims and spark in gear as the AC cycles on and off. got any pointers?

Log-0023-1GNEK13T95R177720.hpl

Truck Norris SPARK adv idle under over speed X .5.hpt

Your idle timing is too high if you ask me, this isn't a small block 350 chevy.

Most LS engines prefer somewhere around 18-22 degrees of timing with mild camshafts. I'd lower the overspeed spark correction down some or to keep it simple make it 8 degrees overspeed and -8 degrees underspeed, then adjust it if you think you need to.

Then start tuning the VE and MAF separately to get things dialed in. If you only focus on the idle with the MAF/VE not tuned, it's just going to throw you off.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Make the over/under speed -8/8 across the board? You have a link or how-to for getting started VE\MAF tuning?

I'm honestly surprised I got as far as I have just watching a lot of YouTube and trolling here at only 13 posts! Thanks a bunch