Thread: 545 to 645rfe

Potential Tuner

545 to 645rfe

I have an 08 Ram 1500 that I changed into a 6 speed. It took many different changes to get the trans working just how I wanted it to. It shifts great now, but with one issue. The indicator shows correct in park, reverse, neutral, but when I go to drive, all the quadrants light up. In the vcm scanner, it shows drive, and in 2 and 1 it shows unknown 38 and unknown 58. With a snapon scan tool, drive shows 6th gear. If I have to, I will live with it the way it is, but has anyone out there seen this and can shed some light on why it happened?

Potential Tuner
    I think you should live with it. IMHO, it is a dash issue - your dash does not understand the messages your PCM/TSM puts on the CAN bus.

Would you mind sharing your tune? I am new here, got my MPVI yesterday and curious to see as many as possible tunes in order to at least partly understand what should I change in my tune. So far I raised the pressures to 160, the pressure gains, lowered the TCC Slip value and threshold, enabled 2-nd prime upshift, and that's it. It shiftts are noticeably firmer now, but I am sure it can be improved further.

Attached is my tune if you are interested.
    Attached Files Attached Files