Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Long tube headers and mds 6.4 delete cam

Advanced Tuner
    thx. i know what the inside of the manifold looks like and see cyl 1 getting a advantage, maybe?

"maybe", only cuz i know how much turbulence effects flow

the article ^^^ is good but i no longer believe all that stuff. 20 years ago i was working with rick ward on a pro stock port for a hemi (a true hemi, not what we have now with this gen 3) and he suggested taking out the short side radius. i mean he wanted to epoxy the roof all up, make the roof flat instead of round, and hog the floor out, making it a straight shot to the seat. (and round instead of flat). i was like that will never work, everyone knows it wont flow if you hog out the short side radius. well, thats exactly what he did, flipped the whole port upside down really, and set a new national record.

that made about as much sense as these fueling multipliers for bank 1 do

*cyl 7 gets more fuel at 4000 than cyl 3 does. more at 5000 as well. If its packing the air at the rear than cyl 8 should not be 1.000
    Last edited by LilSick; 05-14-2023 at 07:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    thx. i know what the inside of the manifold looks like and see cyl 1 getting a advantage, maybe?

"maybe", only cuz i know how much turbulence effects flow

the article ^^^ is good but i no longer believe all that stuff. 20 years ago i was working with rick ward on a pro stock port for a hemi (a true hemi, not what we have now with this gen 3) and he suggested taking out the short side radius. i mean he wanted to epoxy the roof all up, make the roof flat instead of round, and hog the floor out, making it a straight shot to the seat. (and round instead of flat). i was like that will never work, everyone knows it wont flow if you hog out the short side radius. well, thats exactly what he did, flipped the whole port upside down really, and set a new national record
    Yeap, Been there , Removing the short side on Hemi style heads started with the D5's in the 70s, this was head come off our 1120hp 431ci G2 hemi, circa 1998-99, No short side, you look down the intake port and all you see is back side of valve, .............also works WONDERS for the G3 head.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rays04gtx; 05-14-2023 at 11:46 PM.
    62 Biscayne 425/409 SS/D stock class car 10.60s
    66 Dart 426CIG3 8.60@171 2750lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Ram All Alum , 468Ci G3 10.50s @4800 lbs Naturally asperated
    04 Rumble Bee, built 6.1 ,4000lbs 10.48 @ 129s MPH. Naturally asperated
    05 Rumble Stock 5.7, 3.92s TUNE ONLY 13.94@98mph

Advanced Tuner
    SAF

bet no one cyl there was making 6% less than the one next to it : )

Tuner
    well here is kinda the best 1, everything is +/- 1% on scanner except idle which is fat eights and 10's on 100+ degress days. gonna try to get another complete system readiness test done and well see wut it do with these big ass headers and cam

Advanced Tuner
    too bad you spent all that time on yer pe tables with the cam retarded like that

5.24.png

Tuner
    pe tables are easy and dont really want to spend the time for tiny gain with cam that basically factory is little better than mds because of a small amount of valve movement even with gains there its really vvt angles advance timing that has more better gains. really be looking for that burn fraction inverse and lamba stuff with my free time.
    Last edited by tmanplanet; 05-28-2023 at 10:37 PM.