Thread: User Defined Parameters - SIMOS 8.5

User Defined Parameters - SIMOS 8.5

Does anyone happen to have any User Defined Parameters they wouldn't mind sharing for SIMOS 8.5?
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Tuner in Training
    What do you need in particular? I have a partial XDF for 8K5907551E__0004 and can locate a lot of parameters that are not in HP Tuners for 8.5 simos.

I'll have to check tonight when I'm back home, but more so just wanted to see what else we are actually missing in HPTuners. How did you get an XDF for 8.5? I wouldn't mind taking a look regardless if you are willing
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Tuner in Training

xdf

Your bin will not line up with my XDF, I found a CSV file that had the same locations as my bin file, converted to TEXT, then hand edited a lot of the addresses into my XDF.
    You would be able to compare your bin to mine in a hex editor to locate Missing parameters.
    Here are four that are missing from HP tuners, that are in one of my tuned 8.4 stage 1++ files.8K0997551E.jpg

Hmmm... lets start digging!

In all seriousness though, I'll compare them in an hex editor, I'll also post my bin as well. HPTuners takes a virtual read of the ECU right? So the bin extracted from HPTuners would be the same as if I had a Kess or some other tool right?
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Tuner in Training
    A factory bin file is 2,048 kb in size, hp tuner files are only a calibration section, they are smaller and encrypted. kess will not work with hp tuner files.

That's a good point. What do you recommend doing then? HPTuners does have tuner translation, however I believe that our ECU's are not supported if I recall correctly.
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP

Tuner in Training
    You will have to find all the required parameters from your Bin file and convert to an XDF.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ned-Parameters

Sounds like a plan, thanks!
    2013 Audi A8L 3.0T WIP