Thread: 2003 Escalade Supercharger lq9 lean spike just before pe table . Help

Potential Tuner

2003 Escalade Supercharger lq9 lean spike just before pe table . Help

could someone kindly take a look this log . looks like I'm lean for a split of a second when getting on it. I changed the ramp in rate on the PE table to 1.500 . do I need larger fuel injectors ? any help would be appreciated .......? Thank you
    Last edited by dominickcottobe; 04-03-2023 at 08:36 PM. Reason: Add on table

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by dominickcottobe View Post
    could someone kindly
    its 15 minutes long, where is the section/time you are reffering too?
    also maybe you need to lower the KPA of the PE Enable section to come in when that lean section hits.

Advanced Tuner
    what injectors do you have?

Tuning Addict
    You're still in closed loop and light throttle where it happens - have you dialed in the VE and MAF tables?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    42 pound fuel injectors ? thank you

Potential Tuner
    if I was running speed density do I still have to dial in my mass air flow sensor ? Thank you

Potential Tuner
    yes it was quite long .... thank you for getting back you can see when I get on the throttle it goes lean for a second .

Potential Tuner
    yes I did dial it in . can go back over it ? Thank you

Tuning Addict
    You need to set your axis up on your VE table to more realistic numbers, such as 6000 rpm if it'll see that high and 180kpa. That'll open up cells for dialing in your lean area that you didn't have. I was just playing with different axis numbers in my scanner to show it. My version of the editor won't allow me to change those axis, otherwise I would do it and show you where it's lean. I also don't see how you could possibly be hitting that kind of boost and have VE numbers that low unless the injector data is wrong somewhere or you just haven't dialed it in that high yet?
    2010 Vette Stock Bottom LS3 - LS2 APS Twin Turbo Kit, Trick Flow Heads and Custom Cam - 12psi - 714rwhp and 820rwtq / 100hp Nitrous Shot starting at 3000 rpms - 948rwhp and 1044rwtq still on 93
    2011 Vette Cam Only Internal Mod in stock LS3 -- YSI @ 18psi - 811rwhp on 93 / 926rwhp on E60 & 1008rwhp with a 50 shot of nitrous all through a 6L80

~Greg Huggins~
    Remote Tuning Available at gh[email protected]
    Mobile Tuning Available for North Georgia and WNC

Potential Tuner
    Ok thank you

Senior Tuner
    You cannot change the axis's on these ECM's. These have rather poor but doable resolution with a 2 / 3 bar OS. They normally turn out pretty good.

The VE table needs work still. It's still off in quite a few spots. That lean spot will get better as you work on it although it really doesn't look that bad. You will always have a transient (move pedal fast) lean or rich spike in both directions. Fueling sorta happens a bit after the fact in these situations.

The injector data looks a bit suspect. Which brand matters. Try to get data for what you got.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Potential Tuner
    Thank you I was thinking of installing 72lb injectors to get the gas flowing better. throttle response .. I also have installed 100mm ls7 mass card with a 90mm throttle body the truck style. . . I was just trying to get more air. Lingenfelter's built the engine new internals. crank, larger Pistons, G9 cam, ported heads. Rockers, spring Along with a Magnus 1900 supercharger. . my goal is more boost around 9 to 10:00 .? I also installed a smaller pulley on .. I believe 3.10 from 3 .40 .... I'm new to tuning on HP Tuners ..i enjoy playing around trying to get that little extra horsepower ...however I did upgraded to the two-bar map . running speed density ..... I think it runs much better on mass air.: There is a lot to learn HP tuners probably more than in my lifetime. thank you so much for getting back . You have the most sensible answer so far ...
    Last edited by dominickcottobe; 04-04-2023 at 10:52 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    You might want to increase the fuel to air ratio in your open loop table from 90-105 kPa so you're not trying to go from stoich into enrichment. 1.07- 1.12 works well.

Potential Tuner
    I'll give that a shot .... thank you...

Have you adjusted transient fueling?
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]