Thread: V8 Swap and abs C0245 vin mismatch

Tuner in Training

Question V8 Swap and abs C0245 vin mismatch

Good morning fellas,
    I recently shoehorned an LS into my 04 Colorado. Everything went well. I used the P59 genIII ECM that came with the engine and the trainny. I've rewired most of the sensors and car harness and everything works. I also have the
    stock cluster working -including the fuel tank.;^). I also used the Tire wizard and programmed the correct tire size into my speedometer, so I wouldn't get any issues there. My only issue now is the Dreaded C0245 Code. First I thought that my ABs was bad, so I went to a yard a picked up another. The one from the yard was really bad, because it threw a bunch of other codes. Went back and picked up another one with the warranty. I put that one in....and BAM! same code (C0245) no others. I now believe the ABS modules are good. I started researching through the net and found some threads that if the Vin's didn't match....I would get that code (C0245). I can't use the vin from the Truck on the ECM because the ECM is a P59 genIII and the Colorado had a P12. From reading the Vin Wizard won't like it due to the different computers and OS's.
    It looks like I need to put my P59 Vin on the EBCM ,so I can get rid of the light. Can anyone recommend an Online place where I send them the ABS module and they can program a new vin? I've trying search for software, but
    everything I run into is High end. Spending some money and getting it taken care of for me seems to be the cheaper route.

Sincerely,
    J

The service manual says C0245 is Wheel Speed Sensor Frequency Error (front/rear mismatch). Nothing about the VIN.

ABS on that truck is not even programmable, so it can't be dependent on having the right VIN stored in it - otherwise the ABS module could never be replaced.

Front wheel speed is from discrete sensors, but rear wheel speed is from the PCM's VSS output.

screenshot.04-04-2023 03.41.51.png

Can you post the stock P12 file and the current file so they can be compared? It's likely something not correct in the current Speedo tab to do with the VSS output config.

Tuner in Training
    HI Blind Squirrel,

First of all thank you for replying. Sorry I took long to respond. During the week work is crazy and I had to build a Programming harness since I had pulled all the wiring out of the truck and rewired it for the P59. Now that I pulled the original file.... I can already see one of my issues. The Truck has a rear 3.73. I had entered 3.29 ratio , so yeah all my calculations that were done in the wizard are off.
    So besides the final drive I have to fix the sensor calibration and the output calibration.

Sincerely,
    J
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Question. I redid the wizard and it changed the values. But one thing I noticed is...it did not
    change the pulses per mile for the ABS. Should I change those as well? I guess just do it
    manually.

Edit: Just wanted to say thank you for the leading me in the right direction. AFter I read the original file from the truck's original computer..... I found the correct
    rear diff ratio. Using the Wizard made things super easy. AFter I re-flashed it....I've driven the truck for the last two days and all is smooth. No more ABS errors. You
    were also Correct in not needing to worry about the vin.

I thing..... I left "mile ABS" at 128,000. The P12 from the Colorado had a different value from factory, but after looking at a couple of tunes from the Repository,
    for 2004-5 P59 ecms, I saw that all the Ecms had 128,000 as their default valve. I keep it that way figuring the ecm was programmed for that.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Jquest; 04-10-2023 at 12:35 PM.