Thread: Electric fan conversion settings

Potential Tuner

Electric fan conversion settings

I did the electric fan conversion on my 2001 silverado with 4.8. I used a factory harness and a factory fuse/relay block i also put a ac pressure sensor in so computer could operate the fans. The fans work on stage 1 as they should. But the stage 2 doesn't activate with ac pressure. Ive obviously either did use the correct settings or my sensor is bad. I have it set to 2 fans and analog cycling. Please help

Potential Tuner
    I have a similar problem with a 2003 (August 2002) model GMC Yukon XL 1500. Installed the fans with no issues at all. Managed to get the ECM wiring all completed. Flashed the ECM with 2 Fans change, reset engine temperature setting changed within parameters, but NO A/C fans coming on. Made no other changes, file shows 2 Fans available now. Am i going to have to add the switch to turn on the fans if the pressure sensor is on the evaporator Accumulator?

Very new to this type of controls.

Tuner
    Check for AC Recirculation Option:
    [ECM] 750 - A/C Recirculation Fitted
    2011 Cadillac Escalade L94 w/LS3 valves and valve springs

Potential Tuner
    That sounds as if I should select this setting instead of the 2 Fans option.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    That sounds as if I should select this setting instead of the 2 Fans option.
    No. You want 2 fans setting. Did you correctly wire in the pressure sensor? It is not just a direct swap. You also have to change the AC type. Here is a good write up on getting A/C fan operation on the pre 03 trucks.

https://www.performancetrucks.net/fo...ontrol-553385/