Thread: 02 LS3 pcm100 O2 voltage ?

Tuner in Training

Exclamation 02 LS3 pcm100 O2 voltage ?

Ok so most of this "tuning" subculture is very fascinating/confusing. Swapping my 89 small block for an 02 LS3 was simple enough. Getting around smog requirements in CA is always a challenge (but fun), unlocking my ECM simple thanks to HP Tuners. Asking forums community members for help, a necessary evil, so here it is.

attatched tune and log files. O2 B1S1 reporting .44? constantly while B!S! varies with conditions as it should. Ive replaced the sensor and inspected wiring with nothing found. Assuming all is good physically Im looking at the tune itself. Is there something I missed? enabling something I shouldnt have or not enabling something? Ill start there and see if I can understand any replies and suggestions offered by anyone. Ill try to do as Im told per any recommendations and see if that helps. Understanding theory of tuning ie MAF vs MAP Density, 2BAR 3BAR .............. Anyway if anyone can tell me what im doing wrong/why O2 b2S1 is stuck on that voltage please. Thanks in advance.cold start idle til warm 4.4.23.hplRoy Tune 4.4.23.hpt
    Help me OBD2wan Kanobee, Your my only hope!

Senior Tuner
    That is typical of a unplugged O2 sensor. Perhaps the swap wiring is wrong. Check with a factory schematic.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Tuner in Training
    Sorry should have listed this too. PSI standalone harness (yes I overpaid) so I wouldn't think it's wired incorrectly. It worked in the past. However I guess anything is possible so which wire should I be looking for trouble in?

Tuner in Training
    I have reconfigured DTC section and eliminated anything "sensor 2" or "3" since it only has a single sensor behind each header and no cat. Thought I would post any changes in case anyone WAS looking.

Alvin, thanks for your time.Roy Tune 4.4.23.hpt
    Help me OBD2wan Kanobee, Your my only hope!

Senior Tuner
    Nothing in the tune can cause the sensor to read like that. Maybe something burnt up.. Regardless you need to check the wiring to that sensor. Maybe the sensor failed.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Bypass test -

Unplug the B2S1 sensor. On the harness side, find the wires that are supposed to be sensor signal, sensor ground, and heater +12v. Monitor O2 voltages in the scanner. Connecting sensor signal to sensor ground should drive the displayed voltage low, like ~50mV or less. Connecting sensor signal to heater +12v should drive displayed voltage high, like ~1100mV (the signal input is current limited inside the PCM, you will lnot burn anything up temporarily putting 12 volts to a circuit that normally operates at around 1 volt). If doing this still makes you tighten your sphincter you can apply the voltage through a old-timey incandescent test light instead of a straight jumper, it will still pass enough voltage to max out what the O2 pins are able to read. I have even done it by bridging +12v/signal with a lightly licked fingertip... it will pass enough voltage to check the circuit.