Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changed Manifold & MAP now car wont idle

Tuner in Training

Changed Manifold & MAP now car wont idle

Hey!
    so i have a 5.3 LM7 in a 2014 genesis. Everything was running well then i talked to a couple people about my current build and they all said id get better performance if i swapped my Holley 300-620 manifold to a ls6 one. So i did, with that being done i also had to swap from the ls3 map sensor to a ls1 sensor. So in HP tuners i went in and changed the linear and offset to the LS1 values, cranked the car and it idles for 2 seconds maybe and then dies, even giving it throttle doesnt help. I will attatch my mod list and the current tune BEFORE the LS6 manifold and LS1 map sensor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i figured swapping the map sensor information from the LS3 sensor that was on there to the ls1 sensor was all i had to do. Maybe i need a whole retune?

Mod list.txtCurrent Tune.hpt

Quote Originally Posted by LSgenesis14 View Post
    Hey!
    so i have a 5.3 LM7 in a 2014 genesis. Everything was running well then i talked to a couple people about my current build and they all said id get better performance if i swapped my Holley 300-620 manifold to a ls6 one. So i did, with that being done i also had to swap from the ls3 map sensor to a ls1 sensor. So in HP tuners i went in and changed the linear and offset to the LS1 values, cranked the car and it idles for 2 seconds maybe and then dies, even giving it throttle doesnt help. I will attatch my mod list and the current tune BEFORE the LS6 manifold and LS1 map sensor. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, i figured swapping the map sensor information from the LS3 sensor that was on there to the ls1 sensor was all i had to do. Maybe i need a whole retune?

Mod list.txtCurrent Tune.hpt
    I pass you the file based on an LS1 you will see that the main sees this different test maybe it works
    Current Tune bie quickxstep.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Thank you i will try that tomorrow but doesnt the MAP Linear and Offset need to be changed to the LS1 values since thats the map sensor im using now? should i change those values along with your changes?

Thank you i will try that tomorrow but doesnt the MAP Linear and Offset need to be changed to the LS1 values since thats the map sensor im using now? should i change those values along with your changes?
    Let's see if it's true I hadn't understood clearly that if I'm going to give you another map shortly I didn't understand the ls1 part well but I understand if I already put the values ​​again
    Current Tune bie quickxstep.hpt

Well at least now I have some things confirmed about why 'Josue' was only interested in helping people in private, away from the forum.

It should run with only changing the MAP linear/offset to 94.43/10.33. If it doesn't, there is some other non-tune-file problem - big vacuum leak, connector overlooked, missing ground etc.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Well at least now I have some things confirmed about why 'Josue' was only interested in helping people in private, away from the forum.

It should run with only changing the MAP linear/offset to 94.43/10.33. If it doesn't, there is some other non-tune-file problem - big vacuum leak, connector overlooked, missing ground etc.
    so the only thing i changed was intake manifold and map sensor so only things that got unplugged was map sensors. coil pack harness and injectors and then stuff on the throttle body. I triple checked everything and its fine...everything ran fine before manifold swap...i have the 2 nipples on the back of the manifold "brake booster and hvac" theyre both plugged because i dont need the hvac one and the booster is plugged because my hyundai is vacuum assist. Then i have driver side valve cover going to catch can in with the out going to the nipple on manifold and then passenger side valve cover going to the nipple on throttle body "clean air"...i dont think im missing anything...it will idle for like 5 seconds and giving it throttle doesnt do anything when it starts to choke. Maybe ill get some carb cleaner and spray some areas to see if theres any leaks. And from your comment i will not load up that provided tune from Josue lol

So you have full manifold vacuum to the catch can? Is there a restrictor inline, or a real PCV valve?

I hate those things, nobody knows how to plumb them right.

Tuner in Training
    Yeah I have driver side going to the in on the catch can and then the out of the catch can goes to a oem LS pcv valve and then to the pcv port on the manifold, and then the passenger side valve cover goes to the nipple coming off the throttle body, I even tried removing the pcv valve to see if that was the problem, if I wanted to delete the catch can to knock that out of the equation I assume it?s the same way correct? Driver side cover to the pcv valve on manifold and then passenger side to throttle body?

Advanced Tuner
    Having never done it, you changed the VIN information to that of a 2014 Hyundai Genesis with a 3.8L 6 Cyl.

Blind could that have an impact on what is going on?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by DrLoch View Post
    Having never done it, you changed the VIN information to that of a 2014 Hyundai Genesis with a 3.8L 6 Cyl.

Blind could that have an impact on what is going on?
    Negative it?s been running fine since October last year.

Senior Tuner
    Maybe the LS1 map sensor isn't a LS1 Map? What's the part number?

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by gtstorey View Post
    Maybe the LS1 map sensor isn't a LS1 Map? What's the part number?
    Delphis PS10002

"It can't be bad, it's brand new!"

When you put in the correct linear/offset, what does MAP read in the scanner at key on?

Tuner in Training
    "It can't be bad, it's brand new!"
    I thought that was the case so I also tried an AC Delco 12614970 but same thing

Tuner in Training
    When you put in the correct linear/offset, what does MAP read in the scanner at key on?
    100-102kpaidle attempt.hpl
    Last edited by LSgenesis14; 04-06-2023 at 10:37 AM. Reason: Added data log

Why do you think I help people outside the forum? Stop saying nonsense things and don't pay attention to me, it seems that you hate me. wtf

That's exactly what the map that I modified has.

so the only thing i changed was intake manifold and map sensor so only things that got unplugged was map sensors. coil pack harness and injectors and then stuff on the throttle body. I triple checked everything and its fine...everything ran fine before manifold swap...i have the 2 nipples on the back of the manifold "brake booster and hvac" theyre both plugged because i dont need the hvac one and the booster is plugged because my hyundai is vacuum assist. Then i have driver side valve cover going to catch can in with the out going to the nipple on manifold and then passenger side valve cover going to the nipple on throttle body "clean air"...i dont think im missing anything...it will idle for like 5 seconds and giving it throttle doesnt do anything when it starts to choke. Maybe ill get some carb cleaner and spray some areas to see if theres any leaks. And from your comment i will not load up that provided tune from Josue lol
    hmmm in the melody I put ls1 settings and in the map exactly the same as what he put in the comment and you can check it this guy, he always wants to knock me down how stupid it is to waste time being aware of whether it helps people or not I hope I find something to do and if it's with you blinds quirrel I'm tired of entering the forum to help and that you just want to fuck my reputation knowing that what I say is true and what happens on the map is in the correct numbers.

easier do a smoke test maybe you have a leak somewhere