Thread: MAF and VVE Blended Problem

MAF and VVE Blended Problem

I have a 2012 Camaro SS with Cam and Magnuson Supercharger. On the dyno running the car in just Maf is pulls Great with a nice level AFR in the mid 11's. If I disable MAF and run the car in Speed Density it pulls great and has a nice level AFR in the mid 11's. It has been tuned on both and each runs great. If I enable the Maf and Speed Density at the same time for a blended combination it goes so lean on the dyno that it pops and dies or just breaks up. Each on their own are perfect, together they can't make a pull. What is going on?

Bad383TA

Gonna need to post the tune to get help.
    2013 OBM A6 CTS-V Coupe
    Mods: Headers back Billy Boat Exhaust, GripTec 2.65, 8.6 PowerBond Lower, LSX Innovations Solid Isolator, ID850's, NGK TR7IX's, Accel 9070CK Wires, Spectre CAI, SRI Ported Throttle Body, SRI Catch Can, NGK AFRM, 160* T-Stat, 0fx2gv Brick, Hard Line Delete W/3/4" Lines, FB 101 FMIC, Pierberg CWA50, Stoptech Drilled/Slotted Rotors, EBC Redstuff, Cut Stock Springs, Flat Bottom Steering Wheel
    2006 Black Raven STS-V (Traded In)
    Fully Modded: 459RWHP@5888rpm/451lbft@4696rpm

Quote Originally Posted by bad383ta View Post
    I have a 2012 Camaro SS with Cam and Magnuson Supercharger. On the dyno running the car in just Maf is pulls Great with a nice level AFR in the mid 11's. If I disable MAF and run the car in Speed Density it pulls great and has a nice level AFR in the mid 11's. It has been tuned on both and each runs great. If I enable the Maf and Speed Density at the same time for a blended combination it goes so lean on the dyno that it pops and dies or just breaks up. Each on their own are perfect, together they can't make a pull. What is going on?

Bad383TA
    well let's say that the correct way is to leave both working correctly, I feel that perhaps you should work only with speed density VVE will be much more constant than with the MAF now in case you want to put both to work if both are well calibrated it should not there shouldn't be any problem let alone break you can try it maybe you want to run a little safer with your PE and then progressively place it to the point you want be very careful you could break your engine if you don't do it right

Quote Originally Posted by bad383ta View Post

Bad383TA
    pass a datalog and your tuning may be something is not right

Senior Tuner
    Post a log at least.. Something else has to be going on.
    Tuner at PCMofnc.com
    Email tuning!!!, Mail order, Dyno tuning, Performance Parts, Electric Fan Kits, 4l80e swap harnesses, 6l80 -> 4l80e conversion harnesses, Installs

Zero out all of your prediction coefficients. I had this same problem on my G8 with a Lsa. Took care of my same issue when running in blended.

Tuner in Training
    Zero out VE coefficient?

Quote Originally Posted by wildfan1976 View Post
    Zero out all of your prediction coefficients. I had this same problem on my G8 with a Lsa. Took care of my same issue when running in blended.

Quote Originally Posted by lsxjunkie View Post
    Zero out VE coefficient?
    yes

Not VE coefficient. Prediction Coefficient under Dynamic. They are different.