Thread: E85 tune question

E85 tune question

I've just replaced my TH that was stolen. I was told my new one made 970 HP. I did a couple of pulls yesterday and my injectors are at 70%, no knock. This tune is much different than my previous one. I'm going to the dyno Monday, I'd like to try a couple of more degrees of timing but I'm not sure where to add them?
    thanks

Advanced Tuner
    do you know how to upload the log and the tune?

Yep

Tuner
    Well, that's certainly good...but in order for any of us to really be able to give you any legitimate and specific input, its likely best to go ahead and upload and post your current tune and recent log so we have something to go off of, to offer any assistance...
    2016 Ram CCSB Forged NA 396ci Stroker
    +2.5cc Flat/Dome Mahle Power-Pak Forged Pistons w/13.2/1 CR on E85
    Forged Manley 4.05" Stroke Crank/Speed Master Valvetrain
    Race Ported Eagles/Titanium 2.12"/Titanium 1.62" Valves
    Custom Cam 235/249 .629/.629 111LSA 110ICL+1Adv
    Ported Holley Hi-Ram Intake/NXpress Hi-Ram NO2 Plate kit w/250 Shot(4 sec)
    Tx Spd 2" Long Tubes/Active Viper Hood/2-Step
    ATI SD w/15% UD/Dual 450 Pumps/Fuel Cell in Bed/Demon 700cc Inj
    3800 stall/Det Tru-Trac/410 Gears

Great I’ll do that Sunday when I get my laptop from work.

E85 tune

let me know if you think it's got all mthe timing it can take? I've only had one log it's been COLD.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    I looked at it for a minute. It looks relatively safe. Whoever tuned it took .5 to 1.0v outta knock sensitivity most likely when it was on 93 yeah? If it’s just a street car I would leave the timing alone

Weird thing about that log (with the channels I had up) is it didn’t look like tq man was pulling any timing during torque intervention. Not during forced tq intervention or main???

And your main tq intervention tables look backwards. They have more intervention in performance clutch shift type than normal, and more again in sport than they do in performance. Maybe that’s how a Hellcat is stock. Makes no sense tho.

***ahhh , now I see what Dave @ Needless means when he says you best take a look at your part throttle torque model. And why being easy on it in track or sport is no good
    Last edited by LilSick; 04-08-2023 at 02:09 PM. Reason: G’morning

I don’t think is ever been on 93 I believe it went from the factory to E. I did think it strange no timing was pulled at shift.
    Thanks for looking.

Advanced Tuner
    yeah its weird. I looked thru the settings and found no reason why it should not

Dyno pull

I'm not sure what was going on with their Dyno. Red and Blue were 6th green was 5th. I logged them all and they were all smooth with NO 300HP blip.Temp 64 DA 110
    Attached Files Attached Files

Looks like a cam e85 tune. Setup with the fa instead of an easier way and you wont gain anything up top going past what its set at timing wise. Need more boost. Seems low for a cam car but wot angle is stock. It does take a cam to get 1k out of 20 or so psi unless its a 3l whipple. Made 970ish on e85 at 20 in a 4.5 whipple cam car. Made almost 1k on a redeye with a CNC bearing plate snout and 20-21 lbs on a stock cam with ignite red. Should gain 40hp with red no timing change. .81 lambda at wot. I dont count a blip up at the hp. was more then likely 900-910 if it was smooth up top. Cant open the log on my home pc as it has the latest hpt vs the laptop.

I know that timing map also and who showed me that same layout when I was figuring out the demon at their dyno. Don't know about the rest of it but that layout stands out for it origins. Good dude weather he tuned it or not. A different set of tables also stand out.
    Last edited by JoshCP527; 04-10-2023 at 10:44 PM.