Thread: Accel Factor

Advanced Tuner

Accel Factor

Hey all!

Does the Accel Factor only help control what Aggression map you are in? Or does it also look at something else that limits power output?

For instance, I log on the same road for 1/4 hits. With stock wheels (21) the Accel Factor starts at 1.00 and increases as I go down the track. I get good times here.

I tried smaller wheels/tires (20) and the Accel Factor starts at 1.00, but then starts to decrease to 0.57 at the end of the run and I am about a tenth slower on similar if not colder conditions. Basically making the car think that it's going downhill (accel factor senses g forces).

I do end up in a different aggression table, but all of my aggression tables are exactly the same.

Is there anything that can be done in the map to make it so that the acceleration G's are the same with smaller diameter wheels/tires? It appear that smaller wheels makes the TCU think I am going downhill.

Advanced Tuner
    Are you swapping all 4 or just rears?

Are you changing anything in bcm?

Can?t trust any of the factory onboard timers what are you using?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSick View Post
    Are you swapping all 4 or just rears?

Are you changing anything in bcm?

Can?t trust any of the factory onboard timers what are you using?
    All four.

I'm using dragy for the timer.

The question would be when accel rate is less than 1 is there a power limiter or torque limiter?

Advanced Tuner
    Post the tune and a log

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT_Z06 View Post
    All four.

I'm using dragy for the timer.

The question would be when accel rate is less than 1 is there a power limiter or torque limiter?
    Hello SVT_Z06,

No, there is no proble to have acc. factor below 1. This parameter is used to a different thing other than "cut torque or power".

I saw the email you sent to me. I was travelling and didnt have time to reply yet. I will do it shortly.

Thanks.
    DodgeBoy.
    YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@dodgeboy2785

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SVT_Z06 View Post
    Hey all!

Does the Accel Factor only help control what Aggression map you are in? Or does it also look at something else that limits power output?

For instance, I log on the same road for 1/4 hits. With stock wheels (21) the Accel Factor starts at 1.00 and increases as I go down the track. I get good times here.

I tried smaller wheels/tires (20) and the Accel Factor starts at 1.00, but then starts to decrease to 0.57 at the end of the run and I am about a tenth slower on similar if not colder conditions. Basically making the car think that it's going downhill (accel factor senses g forces).

I do end up in a different aggression table, but all of my aggression tables are exactly the same.

Is there anything that can be done in the map to make it so that the acceleration G's are the same with smaller diameter wheels/tires? It appear that smaller wheels makes the TCU think I am going downhill.
    Well, answering here:
    - with smaller tires, the internal calculation on transmission will be different
    - as tires are no longer stock, it will influence this calculation
    - yes, it is possible to have the calculation "always 1", but as I mentioned in the post above, there will be no negative influence in the "torque, power or rev limiter"

If you want me to change it to you, let me know.

Thanks.
    DodgeBoy.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by DodgeBoy_8HP View Post
    Well, answering here:
    - with smaller tires, the internal calculation on transmission will be different
    - as tires are no longer stock, it will influence this calculation
    - yes, it is possible to have the calculation "always 1", but as I mentioned in the post above, there will be no negative influence in the "torque, power or rev limiter"

If you want me to change it to you, let me know.

Thanks.
    DodgeBoy.
    Thank you for responding and looking forward to learning more!

During WOT, the 'Aggression' or ShiftID did change from 8 to 3 with the smaller wheels.

With the stock wheels, ShiftID stayed at 8.