Thread: 85mph limit

Potential Tuner

Question 85mph limit

I have a 13? ZL1 I put on aftermarket suspension can HPtuners remove the 85MPH limit on the vehicle? I tried the resistors with no luck. Thank you!

Senior Tuner
    What 85mph limit? Where are you located? The US versions have something like 150mph.

You can pull a stock tune from the repository to look at if you haven’t bought a MPV3 yet.

Advanced Tuner
    I'd heard recently that suspension fault codes / modes can limit vehicle speed to around 85 MPH. do you have any suspension related trouble codes ?

Senior Tuner
    He must have removed mag ride shocks. But I don’t remember anyone on the Camaro5 forum ever talking about an 85mph limit kicking in.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by tunerpro View Post
    I'd heard recently that suspension fault codes / modes can limit vehicle speed to around 85 MPH. do you have any suspension related trouble codes ?
    Yeah I have a suspension code

Senior Tuner
    You said you tried a “resistor”. Is that the actual simulator you can buy?

If you have the resistors then you forgot something else or damaged something else in the suspension (height sensor is common). If you don't care about the warning light, setting the speed source to calibration and not GMLAN and setting the MPH in all the corresponding fields to 200 should resolve the issue.