Thread: Torque line squiggly

Advanced Tuner

Torque line squiggly

ZL1 LSA around 700whp on E80 4th gear with good tires. About 55*F outside. dry

So I dont have a log to show you the actual issue explained here because after I saved it, the torque line was smooth and looked normal.
    I was in 4th gear, ran up to 5300rpm and when I was done, hit the space bar to stop the log. The torque line was jumping up and down enough that I can see it not huge. I thought it was traction control so I turned that off and tried again. Same results, but as soon as I save, it's gone and torque looks smooth.

Is this a function of the scanner missing data because it's going by so fast it cant respond fast enough?

Here is the log but after I saved and the torque is smooth.

5300 rpm pull TC off.hpl

TEST TEST TEST OL cold start need richened up FINAL FLEX FUEL TUNE.hpt

Advanced Tuner
    nobody?

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by marksrig View Post
    nobody?
    Are you referring to the Engine Torque PID?

Advanced Tuner
    Yes sir. It shows smooth on the upload but when I actually record on the laptop, it jumps up and down near redline or in this case around 5000 to 5300rpm. Once saved, it's smooth as I show.
    I should've taken a pic before I saved it.
    Last edited by marksrig; 04-09-2023 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by marksrig View Post
    ZL1 LSA around 700whp on E80 4th gear with good tires. About 55*F outside. dry

So I dont have a log to show you the actual issue explained here because after I saved it, the torque line was smooth and looked normal.
    I was in 4th gear, ran up to 5300rpm and when I was done, hit the space bar to stop the log. The torque line was jumping up and down enough that I can see it not huge. I thought it was traction control so I turned that off and tried again. Same results, but as soon as I save, it's gone and torque looks smooth.

Is this a function of the scanner missing data because it's going by so fast it cant respond fast enough?

Here is the log but after I saved and the torque is smooth.

5300 rpm pull TC off.hpl

TEST TEST TEST OL cold start need richened up FINAL FLEX FUEL TUNE.hpt
    Most of the time when I have seen this it is because I have a math parameter that is averaging over +/- time. As an example, here is my "Smoothed Wideband" math:
    ([50127.238.avg(100)] + [50127.238.avg(-100)])/2
    You can see it is averaging over +/- a tenth of a second, but when you are logging and view live, it has problems looking into the future .1 second, so the graph tends to jump up and down. However, once you save and re-open, it is fine.

I have also seen other funky graphical artifacts depending on on you zoom level. I tend to leave it on 30 seconds. But it all depends on the data rate and how it trying to either show you all the data points or reduce/compress it. Either way, I wouldn't worry about it.
    A standard approach will give you standard results.

My Tuning Software:

VVE Assistant [update for v1.5]
    MAF Assistant
    EOIT Assistant