Thread: Mamo MSD Intake tune Hard Starting help !!!! Please

Mamo MSD Intake tune Hard Starting help !!!! Please

I have a 08 Zo6 with TSP 2.2 cam & Vararam CAI car has been tuned remotely running perfect for past 3 years until decided to install this Mamo MSD / 60lb injectors POC with all the fitment issues .

Been a few weeks know trying to get this dialed in going back and forth with tuner ( 11 tunes later ) .MAF / Fueling is very close car runs good nice power gain idles good no surge etc but can not seem to solve the starting issues !!!

Cold start fires off right away then idle surges for few minutes and settles down . After gets up temp shut it down then very hard to start cranks for a bit spits sputters then fires a little stalls have to give some throttle to get started and not stall .

At this point tuner and I gave up going to go back to OEM intake very soon .

We tried increasing "Start up airflow " and few other things did not help ..
    I am not a tuner I have HP tuners and very novice at best ..

Tune posted with data log driving and hard start up cold / Warm

Thx in advance
    Attached Files Attached Files

Wrong.

screenshot.08-04-2023 20.52.56.png

Your injectors do not flow the same at 300kPa delta and 400kPa delta and 480kPa delta. If injectors are bigger than the 63.5lb hard limit then they have to be scaled so that all the values fit in the table.

Thx

Thx ,
    Purchased the MSD used guy told me they where 60lb Bosch injectors no other specs ..
    tuner did say might have issues not having exact specs ..

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    Wrong.

screenshot.08-04-2023 20.52.56.png

Your injectors do not flow the same at 300kPa delta and 400kPa delta and 480kPa delta. If injectors are bigger than the 63.5lb hard limit then they have to be scaled so that all the values fit in the table.

Does your tuner not know what 'injector scaling' is, or why it's needed on these early ECMs? Sheesh.

Advanced Tuner
    lastest 2023 tune 7try.hpt
    see if that helps any

Making it run while the injector data is still set up wrong is just kicking the can down the road a bit.

Advanced Tuner
    As mentioned above; fix injector data first! The WOT log you posted showed lots of spark retard. The timing needs to be addressed so you can safely tune your engine. Your low octane table has more timing than your high octane table in the area you spend alot of time in. Honestly, the tune is worse than stock. I dont think it even hit 380Ftlb of torque. I have the TSP 2.0 for ls7 and you should definitely be making a ton more power than what i seen from the log. Not sure of all your mods but stock is 480ish. I'd look into getting one of these guys from the forum to get it right.

Advanced Tuner
    For that intake manifold, go to Engine, Airflow, Speed Density, and Manifold Volume should be on the left hand side. Enter in 16.387 L

Dyno chart

Car made 540 RWHP W/0 MSD ? I have the Dyno chart .
    Attached Images Attached Images

Advanced Tuner
    I don't take the number in the scanner as solid information. I've read somewhere on here that those can be manipulated within the tune. However, I was surprised to see such a low torque number which is why I said it was worse than stock. If the car runs great for you then keep doing what is working for you. My apologies if you were offended. Not my intent.

tune

Quote Originally Posted by LS ROB View Post
    As mentioned above; fix injector data first! The WOT log you posted showed lots of spark retard. The timing needs to be addressed so you can safely tune your engine. Your low octane table has more timing than your high octane table in the area you spend alot of time in. Honestly, the tune is worse than stock. I dont think it even hit 380Ftlb of torque. I have the TSP 2.0 for ls7 and you should definitely be making a ton more power than what i seen from the log. Not sure of all your mods but stock is 480ish. I'd look into getting one of these guys from the forum to get it right.
    Update ,
    After speaking with my current tuner yesterday who had a sever attitude that he sent me 11 tunes tweaks and telling me its my doing with install of the MSD etc and he basically wrote me off and did not want to continue unless I paid him more $ meanwhile I paid for a tune and my car will not start ..some things he was saying like it's "low battery voltage / my idle was set to low " etc ..WTF .. I m not stupid I worked as a Ford tech and been working on cars over 40 years ..
    He sent me on a wild goose chase with loading tunes doing data logs and still could not get car to start ..
    He should have never tried to tune the car WO the injector data Period !!! I am the bad guy know ..lesson learned ..

Needless to say i moved on and have "Pat G" do the tune .
    Fingers crossed