Thread: 2005 5.9 tuning

Potential Tuner

2005 5.9 tuning

Hey new to the forum, really liking getting into hp and tuning. I have bought a few custom hp tunes from people but they lock them. I have no problem buying tunes but I do understand why they come locked as hard to trust people. I?m wondering if anyone would write me a tune for my truck that?s a ?decent? hot tune that isn?t locked so I could compare to my stock file and learn what you guys did and why and data log stock and what not etc. I?ve played around with a few tunes but really would like to compare to someone that knows what they are doing. I?ll gladly pay someone to send a tune for my truck unlocked so I can compare, I don?t even have to run it just want to learn. I?ve seen other forums and tunes but would like someone to work on mine so I can really learn. If this isn?t allowed let me know. My truck is. 2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.9, 60Hp injectors, 4? exhaust, intake.
    Not sure how to attach the stock file on my phone, so if someone is interested could email it to them or wait till I?m on the computer in a couple days
    Last edited by 5.9rook; 04-08-2023 at 09:13 PM.

most all guys will not build out a tune and sell it unlocked, we all started on here in your shoes at some point.
    best bet is to read a lot on here and download all the files you can find, compare flash etc and that's the only way to learn. there's no "easy button" and the only way to understand what works and what does not is by trying.
    most of us have spent years getting good at tuning, get a tune going and post it here with a log and people will chime in and help, the biggest thing is to listen and when you don't understand just ask for clarification.
    and use a PC to link up files etc
    2010 F-350 03 5.9/848ecm, built 5R110, 30% over sticks, 10mm pump, 64mm Stealth Turbo
    2008 F-350 03 5.9
    Fumminstuning.com

Tuner in Training
    How did it work out for you? I have been trying to learn as well. I have a few different files I can share with you that I tried. Just send me a PM and i can email them to you.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Silverbackoffroad View Post
    How did it work out for you? I have been trying to learn as well. I have a few different files I can share with you that I tried. Just send me a PM and i can email them to you.
    i would like to check out those files if thats option. im new to tuning and would like to compare to see if im headed in the right direction or should reset to stock and leave it be. im tuning 05 dodge with 63mm industrial injection turbo with stock injectors and 4in exaust. nothing fancy
    thanks

Potential Tuner
    i can unlock the files and make them editable for you. and make them your own