Thread: 6L80E Odd Pressure Tables

Potential Tuner

6L80E Odd Pressure Tables

Hey guys, first off I am new here and new to tuning so there is a chance that I am asking really stupid questions or something that has been covered 1000 times and for that I apologize. I have a 2015 Tahoe LTZ that I am trying to remove DOD and the torque convertor locking up in 1-4 to extend the life of my transmission, I had also planned to up the line pressures just a little as well as advised in the video attached before that has been recommend to others in some of the posts I searched. So finally to my question, going through some of these things, I am suspecting this truck already has a tune of some sort on it, mostly because my line pressures are already set way higher than what they are showing in this video. Does someone care to look over this tune file and see if there is anything alarming on here that I should reset or if there is just that much variation in these pressure tables for vehicle to vehicle and I should just raise the pressures around 5 across the board like he suggests in the video.

This is a whole new world for me I have been around cars my whole life and feel very comfortable under the hood in most situations but the tuning side of things definitely scares me alot lol. Planning on finding some online courses to expand my knowledge base so if anyone has suggestions of good courses I would love recommendations on that as well.

thanks,
    Drew
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Just realized I forgot to link to the video, sorry about that. This is the video I am currently following.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XnsdK2N2an4

It's a stock tune, I compared to it a 2015 tune I have and all the pressure settings are the same.

What you see in the video and what you see in the tune could always be different. The difference could be truck to SUV or 2wd/4wd type of stuff.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Awesome, thanks for taking a look at it, I was a little worried when the values were so much different from what is in the video.