Thread: TCC regulator gain

TCC regulator gain

Could someone give me some insight on what exactly Tcc regulator gain is/does? I can not find any solid information about it. I have changed it from .250 to 1.250 and lockup doesn?t feel any different. Tcc pressure runs a bit different in the log is the main thing I?ve noticed. Regulator offset is set to 80. Pressure wants to stay above 60 with it at 1.250. With it at .250 it will drop to 50 occasionally. Thanks. Vehicle is a 2015 Silverado 1500 5.3 6l80e

Advanced Tuner
    Offset/gain=initial pressure. 80/.25=320psi.

Potential Tuner
    You may need to look at the DoD slip tables. From the factory the TCC is commanded to slip X amount of RPM and I bet this is why you aren't getting the expected results. I have my slip zeroed out because I am content with a bit of 'bump' from the A/C clutch going in or out. My vehicle also does not have DoD from the factory but I zeroed it all out anyway.

The ramp rate for the TCC clutch I found to work this way - higher numbers make it lock up slower/softer. Lower numbers make it lock up more quickly like another shift. If you went from .250 to 1.250 I would expect it to be much slower to lock up based on what I have observed in my testing/tuning.

My 2012 Suburban 6L90:

Stock 1.500 and 26.69 PSI.
    My settings 1.00 and 90PSI.
    Everything in Green in the screen shot is set to 0 under TCC Slip.
    I also have the TCC adapt disabled so that it will not soften itself up over time.

It locks up firm and fast and does not slip at all. It's like another shift. Temps are fine.

Capturetcc.JPG

I have a solid lockup, and commanding 0 rpm slip. lockup feels fine, apply ramp raised worked for me as well as adapt psi changes. everything is zeroed out as far as slip is concerned. just was messing around with the regulator gain the other day and noticed no difference except pressure stayed a few psi higher. stock for mine was .375 gain and 26.69 psi. i have not disabled tcc adapt yet. might give that a try.

Tuner
    TCC Regulator Gain and Offset is just a part of the Valve Body Characterization Data used to calculate TCC PCS Pressure.

[TCC Line Pressure] = [TCC Regulator Gain] * [TCC PCS Pressure] - [TCC Regulator Offset]
    or solving for PCS Pressure:
    [TCC PCS Pressure] = ( [TCC Line Pressure] + [TCC Regulator Offset] ) / [TCC Regulator Gain]

There are same Gain/Offset pairs for the Line Pressure Regulator and all other Clutch Pressure Regulators in the calibration.
    2011 Cadillac Escalade L94 w/LS3 valves and valve springs

Quote Originally Posted by verlon View Post
    TCC Regulator Gain and Offset is just a part of the Valve Body Characterization Data used to calculate TCC PCS Pressure.

[TCC Line Pressure] = [TCC Regulator Gain] * [TCC PCS Pressure] - [TCC Regulator Offset]
    or solving for PCS Pressure:
    [TCC PCS Pressure] = ( [TCC Line Pressure] + [TCC Regulator Offset] ) / [TCC Regulator Gain]

There are same Gain/Offset pairs for the Line Pressure Regulator and all other Clutch Pressure Regulators in the calibration.
    Hi Verlon, I take it all these other Gain/Offset pairs are not editable in the standard HPT tables yeah?
    HSV W427

Tuner
    Yes, they are not mapped in HPT.
    2011 Cadillac Escalade L94 w/LS3 valves and valve springs