Thread: TB closing at 2700 rpm

Tuner

Question TB closing at 2700 rpm

I've had intermediate problems with the TB closing at 2700 rpm and opening at 3200rpm ever since I put the Magnuson 2650 on. I'm doing my own tuning or at least trying to. A/F and Timing no problem but the torque is killing me.

I think it's the torque table for MAF and MAP but maybe I'm missing something.

I'm running an LT5 TB so maybe that's the problem. I'm at my wits end. Any help would be appreciated!
    2017 Camaro SS, Flow Tech axle back, Roto Fab, Nick Williams 103 TB, BBK long tube headers, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection.

Tuner
    Really? No one here knows where to adjust a tune when a TB is closing at a certain rpm?
    2017 Camaro SS, Flow Tech axle back, Roto Fab, Nick Williams 103 TB, BBK long tube headers, Magnuson 2650, Snow Performance Water/Methanol Injection.

Tuner in Training
    Could you post a log of it happening? Might be easier than just shooting in the dark with suggestions.
    Were you given a base map to start with after installing the Magnuson?

I am assuming you installed a Maggie 2650 on a Lt1 Motor (originally NA)?
    If that is the case, I suggest the SCAIP sensor be added and the sensor config changed to SCIAP.

The E92 could be seeing increased airflow at 2700 and shutting the throttle because of it.

Tuner
    Ok here's my latest data log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Shooting from the hip.
    this looks like a Torque management limitation.
    We need a log that has as many torque PID's as possibe

I would first start with 'peak torque tables'
    From there i would ensure Traction control torque limit is high enough.

It also looks suspiciously like a Pass By torque limit, Which is weird because you are Stateside and seeing this.

If you send me what you have, i'll happily take a look at the tune and see what i can figure out.

Tuner in Training
    Your engine torque is exceeding your max engine torque and is closing your throttle. Work the torque tables to get them in line and that should go away.

Also this situation is one of the most common issues discussed in the gen5 forums so it should be pretty easy to search for 'throttle closing' or something to find some help in determining how to go about doing, but requires a lot of reading. Also, just something I had to figure out is that while you should read all of the posts, you will find that posts from around 2016 are good reads and certainly help understanding, that a lot of things at the time were trial and error with folks trying to figure things out. Point is make sure you try to find more current posts in addition to the older ones as theory has changed since then.
    Last edited by G8Paul; 04-27-2023 at 02:45 PM.

5054 is the correct number for 95mm. I'll assume you didn't account for the added airflow movement in your VVE table. You are not making 800ftlb tq at 5psi of boost, so you jacked the tq tables up & DD tables as a bandaid it looks like from the log posted.
    2018 Camaro SS, LT4 Fuel System, LT4 S/C
    2020 Ford Edge ST (93-E85 flex fuel tune)
    1999 Pontiac Firehawk
    1987 Chevy Caprice, 6.0L TT 4L80 AWD
    ***Only AWD box chevy in the world***
    Next Level Tuning and Performance
    Tuning email: [email protected]