Thread: Any contact information, even names of folks at HP Tuners that deal with RR product?

Tuner in Training

Any contact information, even names of folks at HP Tuners that deal with RR product?

I'm a retired software engineer, and user of RaceRender. I'd like to contact someone in HP Tuners corporate staff to talk about if I could help with the softwre development of RaceRender. Its clearly in need of some updates to reflect things like the new firmware in the GoPro Hero 10 and 11 models, which has changed the GPMF data. (GPMF is the format that GoPro uses to store meta-data (i.e. the GPS/GPX data, sensor data, etc.) in with the audio and video in the MP4 files.

Thanks
    Pat

Potential Tuner
    I don't think it's updated anymore. I have sent several, repeatable bugs but never heard back. Weston used to reply almost straight away.

Such a shame, the program is great but needs work.

We are looking for a developer with the skills to update and maintain the RaceRender application.

Please send us your resume to [email protected] and be sure to include a note in the email that you're interested in the RaceRender product.

Thanks!
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith@HPTuners View Post
    Please send us your resume to [email protected] and be sure to include a note in the email that you're interested in the RaceRender product.
    Hi, I sent in a short version of my resume (no one wants to read all 40 years of my software development history) but
    only got a robotic reply that references a "HPtuners help desk" with the URL of https://kayako.hptuners.com/
    This URL doesn't exist, which is not very helpful :-)

Pat

Potential Tuner
    Alternatively, if there's no money or interest in developing the product further, release it to the community as open source. There are plenty of software developers in the racing arena, and might be a good way to expand your brand name.

Plenty of other sports it could be adapted for as well, and make it easier to use with GoPro by using the GoPro API to automate file transfer, including using LRV file instead of tthe full size video file for quick analysis trackside.

I'm currently using RaceChrono running on Windows 11 Android (WSA) to analyse GoPro files. It'd be great to use RaceRender, but not point spending money on an unsupported product.

Food for Thought anyway.

Pat, we received your resume. We'll take a look.
    We got this guy Not Sure, ...

Would love to see some updates to the software

It's really starting to show its age and I'm having to do a ton of post-processing to my data files in python to get the data I want. But then there's weird bugs with some things in the software I just can't work around...

Potential Tuner
    I've used RR for years and its worked fine for me until mid-July. The video output now duplicates a frame every few frames now, causing a jerky video. I tried to submit a bug report, but "submit" goes nowhere.

My long description: Starting sometime between early July 2023 and mid July, the output of racerender is duplicating video frames. This can be demonstrated by single-framing through the video (for example using Avidemux). Advance a frame and note that the image changes normally. Every few frames, the frame advances, per the time clock, but the image does not, until advancing to the next frame. Viewed in realtime this causes the video to be jerky. I've been using racerender for years and its worked fine until mid July. No error messages. Input files in all cases were produced by GoPro 5. I can send sample input & output files and the Diagnostic Log.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ettenw View Post
    I've used RR for years and its worked fine for me until mid-July. The video output now duplicates a frame every few frames now, causing a jerky video. I tried to submit a bug report, but "submit" goes nowhere.

My long description: Starting sometime between early July 2023 and mid July, the output of racerender is duplicating video frames. This can be demonstrated by single-framing through the video (for example using Avidemux). Advance a frame and note that the image changes normally. Every few frames, the frame advances, per the time clock, but the image does not, until advancing to the next frame. Viewed in realtime this causes the video to be jerky. I've been using racerender for years and its worked fine until mid July. No error messages. Input files in all cases were produced by GoPro 5. I can send sample input & output files and the Diagnostic Log.
    Can you post a link to one of the videos from the GoPro here? RR hasn't been updated for a while...so I wouldn't think it would suddenly stop working recently. Perhaps it's some incompatibility between the video and RR? Maybe a 50fps video and 60fps output or something?