Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 12613412 injector data for Gen III, refined version

12613412 injector data for Gen III, refined version

Because I don't sleep like normal humans, I went back over the Gen IV L96 source data and converted for the 8 kPa misalignment (408 - 488 kPa delta instead of 400 - 480). The Offset table is also adjusted to get rid of that 8 kPa misalignment. In reality that 8 kPa (1.16 PSI) error makes no difference, but hey. Boredom.

If you have a running, tuned build using the previous data don't use this (or maybe do, and then let me know if/how much anything was off afterwards?). But if you wanna be really particular and have one with these injectors that's yet to be tuned, use this instead.

P59 12613412 58psi non-referenced - refined.hpt
    P59 12613412 58psi referenced - refined.hpt

As always my conversions are done manually using copy/paste and interpolation, and the conversion spreadsheet for the Short Pulse Adder table because I hate doing that one by hand. (https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post700901)

Advanced Tuner
    I manually converted this data over a while ago when I got these injectors. Saw this thread and figured I would compare to see if we ended up at the same end result. It's super super close, some cells are probably 1 byte different here and there, likely due to rounding errors and such. Only real difference is the default injector pulse table. Shouldn't really matter.

Here's my injector data for comparison in a stock 2004 C5 Z06 file.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Default Injector Pulse in my files is whatever was there in the generic sample file I started with, I don't think I've ever seen that spec included in aftermarket injector data.

It's not injector-specific, though. I have never seen Default Injector Pulse in any datasheets for aftermarket injectors. Gen 4s do not even have that table.

Advanced Tuner
    Injector Dynamics have Default pulse it's in the short pulse adder tab of GM HPT sheet, but it's the same as minimum pulse value.

Thing is, looking at Gen 3 stock files sometimes the Default table changes year-to-year (or platform-to-platform within the same year) even though engine RPO & injector p/n is unchanged, and then sometimes the Default table is identical between different years with different RPOs using different injectors. It's just not injector-specific like the rest of the data (same goes for Transient stuff). It might need to be adjusted depending on the application; 'injector data' is the stuff you do not change to use as a tuning aid.

Advanced Tuner
    Is there any way that can the details with controller IDs or VIN can identify where a car was sold?
    I mean even the fluids can be different based on where in the country it was going to be shipped/sold. A Floridian car is set up different than a Minnesota car. Minor differences on most of it and of course you can take either to the other state showing the versatility but it was built for conditions where it was sold.

Quote Originally Posted by Hondaeater View Post
    Is there any way that can the details with controller IDs or VIN can identify where a car was sold?
    I mean even the fluids can be different based on where in the country it was going to be shipped/sold. A Floridian car is set up different than a Minnesota car. Minor differences on most of it and of course you can take either to the other state showing the versatility but it was built for conditions where it was sold.
    Yes you can. If you have or know someone with GM SI it can be accessed in the VIS system. You can get all RPO's for the specific vehicle, all warranty work done, dealership delivered to and selling dealer. Lots of other info also.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by TheMechanic View Post
    Yes you can. If you have or know someone with GM SI it can be accessed in the VIS system. You can get all RPO's for the specific vehicle, all warranty work done, dealership delivered to and selling dealer. Lots of other info also.
    Copy that lol.
    Once we start changing cam, heads, exhaust and more then most of the stock stuff needs changing anyway.

I ran a VIS on my $2400 Ebay-special 200K-mile Envoy right after I bought it and found out it got a new long block under warranty (somehow?) at 112K. Guessing DOD failure, I wasn't able to see the actual R.O.

Quote Originally Posted by blindsquirrel View Post
    I ran a VIS on my $2400 Ebay-special 200K-mile Envoy right after I bought it and found out it got a new long block under warranty (somehow?) at 112K. Guessing DOD failure, I wasn't able to see the actual R.O.
    Depending on who you are we would often (with GM intervention) replace engines, trans, and diffs. It was usually based on how good of a customer you were with GM and the dealership.

And, if it was a labor op that the shop was able to make good money on despite being warranty pay. Ops that were losers got a lot less wiggle room.

Because I don't sleep like normal humans, I went back over the Gen IV L96 source data and converted for the 8 kPa misalignment (408 - 488 kPa delta instead of 400 - 480). The Offset table is also adjusted to get rid of that 8 kPa misalignment. In reality that 8 kPa (1.16 PSI) error makes no difference, but hey. Boredom.

If you have a running, tuned build using the previous data don't use this (or maybe do, and then let me know if/how much anything was off afterwards?). But if you wanna be really particular and have one with these injectors that's yet to be tuned, use this instead.

As always my conversions are done manually using copy/paste and interpolation, and the conversion spreadsheet for the Short Pulse Adder table because I hate doing that one by hand. (https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post700901)
    I will try out the updated data and let you know the results. I have been running the injectors for two years now. Just recently (2 months ago) went turbo on the daily driver. GT45 for now, will upgrade the turbo later. I data log more than is rational, so if there is a difference, I'll see it.

It will be really minor if anything shows up at all - the shape of all the data is the same, it's all just offset a little, same amount for each cell in the tables compared to the previous. It would be the same as if your fuel pressure changed by 1.16 PSI...

It will be really minor if anything shows up at all - the shape of all the data is the same, it's all just offset a little, same amount for each cell in the tables compared to the previous. It would be the same as if your fuel pressure changed by 1.16 PSI...
    After looking at it closer, there is no change at 13-15v. So it shouldn't change at all at normal operating voltage of 13.5-14.5. I still appreciate the attention to detail.
    2001 Silverado 5.3 - 209/217 cam, GT45 Turbo on 7lbs, Aem x-series wideband, 50lb/hr flex fuel injectors, on E85 with content sensor

1999 Silverado 6.0/4L80E Summit Stage one camshaft, 317 heads (replaced cast iron)

Flow Rate table is changed too, by the same amount. Short Pulse Adder isn't pressure-based so the same as it always was.

Potential Tuner

@Blindsquirrel,

Hello, I am new to this forum. I have a couple of questions. What exactly is the tune for? Year, model and engine. I have HP Tuner and I am looking to build a base tune for initial startup or find one that is very close to my build and load it onto my E38.

My build is below. Any help you can provide will be welcomed.

I pulled the original 5.3 and dropped in an L96 with a few modifications..
    L96 block bored to 4.030. Also installed a 6L80 trans controlled by a PCS-2600

Aluminum Heads:
    Wilkes Performance CNC ported 823 heads
    70cc chamber
    2.165" intake/1.600" exhaust valves
    257+cc intake/87+cc exhaust runners

Hydraulic Roller Cam: BTR 400+ CID Stage 3
    .631 intake .610 exhaust lift
    239 intake 255 exhaust duration
    @ .050, 114+3 degree lobe sep.

Forged Crank:
    4.000" stroke
    Forged 6.125" connecting Rods
    Forged Pistons:
    Compression Ratio: 11:1

All sensors are for a GEN 3 engine except MAP
    4" Cold air intake with Corvette card style MAP
    Chuy Ported L92 truck intake with 12613412 flex fuel injectors
    FAST 102mm Big Mouth throttle body
    GM 12613412 50 lbs./hr. injectors
    Converted 58x to 24X during build

6L80e trans with 3600 Circle D stall converter
    Long tube headers, 2 in. primary 3" collectors with true dual exhaust

The 'tune' is not a tune, it's just a file with the four critical injector tables prefilled with the 12613412 data. And in P01/P59 Gen3 format. The original L96 injector data already comes from an E38.

screenshot.02-05-2023 19.22.51.png

Quote Originally Posted by gesmith80 View Post
    my E38.

All sensors are for a GEN 3 engine except MAP

Converted 58x to 24X during build
    Um. An E38 is a Gen4, and only works with 58X/4X crank/cam. I sure hope you just typed some of that wrong.

Potential Tuner
    Um. An E38 is a Gen4, and only works with 58X/4X crank/cam. I sure hope you just typed some of that wrong.
    You are correct. My truck is not a E38. It is a P01 - 0411 (12200411). I now understand that file is not a full tune and is only for the injector data. Question, if this were you, how would you approach creating an initial tune to start this truck? Sure, I can get a base tune from the dyno shop... but I would like to learn to create a tune and tweak to over time after the truck is dynoed by a professional. Would you start with the stock 2001 5.3 tune and add or would you start from say a 2003 Silverado SS with 6.0 base tune and add the injector info for the 12613412 injectors, torque info, map info and adjust for the performance cam?
    Last edited by gesmith80; 07-06-2023 at 09:56 PM.