Thread: 370z U1024 code after flashing

Tuner in Training

370z U1024 code after flashing

I tuned a '12 370z a couple weeks ago, pretty much just did burbles/flames and some simple torque table adjustments. Today, the guy messaged me and told me the CEL came on for a U1024 VVEL Control Module CAN Communication code, but didn't say anything about it driving weird. I didn't touch any of the cam timing tables, since Nissan got it pretty good from the factory and I don't have a dyno to do back to back tests. I don't see how anything I did could've caused a comms issue between the VVEL module and the ECU, but if I did I'd like to know so I can fix it for him. Has anyone had this happen before?

Tuner in Training
    I would like to know a solution as well, I had load a tune today and did not want to drive after, I have same codes, I clear the codes. Full write up on the tune even disconnected the battery but no luck, trans still acting up and not able to drive the car

Have you raised the RPM limiter and hit the limit? I see this with patrol Y62 when the limiter is raised and reved harder. Normally clears though

Tuner in Training
    Late reply but if you messed with the fuel, that may be your issue. I've noticed these cars are super super picky, multiple times I've had them dead pedal and barely run after adjusting some of the fuel tables.