Thread: Checksum error med 9.1

Tuner in Training

Checksum error med 9.1 after running

hello, I'm having a problem with my tune, audi a3 tfsi 2.0 2008 manual, I did a tune in this car and it worked perfect without errors and without codes, but after driving just over 100 kilometers the car goes into emergency mode and generates an error of checksum p0601 and it stays like that until I record another tune, then it unlocks and works, I changed a torque monitoring table, is that what is causing it?
    Last edited by Fnetotuner; 04-22-2023 at 04:17 PM.

http://wiki.ross-tech.com/wiki/index...5/P0601/001537

Have you tried going back to stock and seeing if it happens?

Tuner in Training
    I haven't tried it, when it was original there were no problems

If it was me that would be the next thing I would test. Otherwise you can try to reach out to support and see if they can assist.

Tuner in Training

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by TWiST View Post
    If it was me that would be the next thing I would test. Otherwise you can try to reach out to support and see if they can assist.
    the car is running now with the tune i made. I had changed torque monitoring tables, I removed that and also a change in the idle and I didn't get this error anymore, let's see if it comes back or not. the owner has had the car for three days, so far no errors....

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by TWiST View Post
    now after 8 days, the car has an epc again and went into emergency, i suspect the same problem with checksum p601, but this time only epc on, the injection fault light does not, and the car lost turbo pressure before turn on epc

Potential Tuner
    Hi Fnetotuner, I am also currently having the same issue on my 2008 skoda Octavia mk2 vrs with a med9.1 ecu and ea133 motor seems to happen after around 150km of driving without an ignition cycle it has been an issue since flacing my ecu. I have reverted back to the stock tune didn't fix it, re wrote my map after finding it was missing parameters that the stock tune had. Still no luck also talked to the support line who told me to disable the fault code you get the same issue but without a fault code i feel it may be an issue with the software but need to talk with hp tuners support about the issue its a real pain in the ass as i need to bring a computer and my mates dongle with me when i drive and constantly reflash the car.

What's your file look like? 👀

Quote Originally Posted by BigShack View Post
    Hi Fnetotuner, I am also currently having the same issue on my 2008 skoda Octavia mk2 vrs with a med9.1 ecu and ea133 motor seems to happen after around 150km of driving without an ignition cycle it has been an issue since flacing my ecu. I have reverted back to the stock tune didn't fix it, re wrote my map after finding it was missing parameters that the stock tune had. Still no luck also talked to the support line who told me to disable the fault code you get the same issue but without a fault code i feel it may be an issue with the software but need to talk with hp tuners support about the issue its a real pain in the ass as i need to bring a computer and my mates dongle with me when i drive and constantly reflash the car.
    Is it possible to see your tune file vs stock file? I had a similar issue and just updated all aircharge conversion tables . I always had epc above 50% engine load . I believe the ecu sees not enough boost the same as too much boost. As weird as it sounds . It may be to prevent high turbine rpm from a boost leak . But idk 🤷🏼*♂️ just a thought .

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by BigShack View Post

hi, im aparently solved the problem, the problem is turned off TEST OF O2 on engines diag, exhaust,i turn ON same as stock and the car runs fine, no codes. delete only DTC page in this ecu. use the beta new software for back to stock.
    Last edited by Fnetotuner; 08-07-2023 at 09:09 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperG5 View Post
    Is it possible to see your tune file vs stock file? I had a similar issue and just updated all aircharge conversion tables . I always had epc above 50% engine load . I believe the ecu sees not enough boost the same as too much boost. As weird as it sounds . It may be to prevent high turbine rpm from a boost leak . But idk ����*♂️ just a thought .
    here the car runs fine,1,35 bar peak and tapering 0,9 here the files.a3 sportback 2008 kpn v3Last stage2 1,4.hpta3 sportback 2008 kpn STOCK.hpt

no knock and no epc register.
    Last edited by Fnetotuner; 08-07-2023 at 09:18 AM.

Tuner in Training
    The error already persist here after driving more 100-150 km, hptuners suport team they don't do anything. The problem is hptuners software?.. no tune cars with med 9.1 with hptuners