Thread: 2022 ram etorque 1500 supercharged tvs2650 setup help.

Tuner

2022 ram etorque 1500 supercharged tvs2650 setup help.

Hi all.
    I was just wondering if anyone could help provide some assistance/data for the following setup we are working on.
    The vehicle is a 2022 Dodge Ram Etorque that has been converted to non-EV.
    We have fitted a Harrop TVS2650 PD supercharger and i was just looking for a go staring base on this particular vehicle/PCM.
    I have looked over other files and compared with this file and cant find to much in common.
    i have provided MAP sensor and INJECTOR part numbers, i believe the map sensor is 2 bar and the injectors are 550cc bosch.

INJECTOR - Bosch 0280158
    MAP SENSOR - Mopar 5033224AB
    any guidance would be greatly appreciated to get the correct data to start tuning.

thank you all.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Did you ask Harrop for the injector data?
    Are you running the stock 100mm pulley?
    Are you running headers?

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by vndetta79 View Post
    Did you ask Harrop for the injector data?
    Are you running the stock 100mm pulley?
    Are you running headers?
    running 80mm pulley.
    full exhaust with extractors.

i was just looking for some help with inputting the data for injectors and MAP into the correct tables to get the vehicle running.

Ok , got it.

I input the data I received form Harrop for the injectors. I did have to make some minor changes to get the fuelling spot on but that was probably me being picky. Map data also added.

Not sure if you changed out the crank pulley but with the stock pistons and rings the 70mm pulley will be too much. I'm running a 90mm pulley and pushing 8psi which is about the limit of stock internals.

Injector data.pngMap settings.pngMOD19_Inj data and Map data.hpt

Tuner
    Ok , got it.

I input the data I received form Harrop for the injectors. I did have to make some minor changes to get the fuelling spot on but that was probably me being picky. Map data also added.

Not sure if you changed out the crank pulley but with the stock pistons and rings the 70mm pulley will be too much. I'm running a 90mm pulley and pushing 8psi which is about the limit of stock internals.

Injector data.pngMap settings.pngMOD19_Inj data and Map data.hpt
    started up great thanks heaps for the help.
    i am very familiar with the GM platform (lsa) regarding ignition timing, but was just wondering what you would class as acceptable safe timing at WOT for these motors?

I'm running 15 max and I have my fueling around 11.0 to keep cylinder temps down to avoid blowing the ring lands.

Tuner
    I'm running 15 max and I have my fueling around 11.0 to keep cylinder temps down to avoid blowing the ring lands.
    great thankyou.
    we were hitting map limits which we were be able to overcome, was throwing the the dreaded P2172 sudden high airflow.
    i have fueling around 10.8 AFR on boost right through the rev range at WOT on boost to be safe.
    the timing is set to around 13adv at WOT although i am only seeing around 9adv.
    I have raised all the component protection limits but cant seem to find why my commanded timing is being reduced so much.
    i have attached the file and log .
    vehicle drives amazing around at light throttle and transient.
    all AFRs are in my opinion are spot on.
    The wideband is fitted on the extractor collector, although for some reason wasnt logging during scan.
    at idle was 14.9
    at light cruise 14.0 to 15.0
    at Wot 10.3 to 11.0

I truly appreciate all the help and am happy to share these files for the new Etorque.

Can you add the TCM to the file. There are setting in there that also need to be adjusted. You need to hit the custom up for the credits. I make what changes I can to the PCM but I'll wait for your reply.

Tuner
    Can you add the TCM to the file. There are setting in there that also need to be adjusted. You need to hit the custom up for the credits. I make what changes I can to the PCM but I'll wait for your reply.
    Thank you.

Here you go.

Try these, it should run better. Also wanted to make sure you're running 98 octane fuel. Same as 93 here in the US. Take you're in Victoria.

Ram TCM-Adam1.hptmod23-Adam1.hpt
    Last edited by vndetta79; 04-20-2023 at 09:27 PM.

Tuner
    Here you go.

Try these, it should run better. Also wanted to make sure you're running 98 octane fuel. Same as 93 here in the US. Take you're in Victoria.

Ram TCM-Adam1.hptmod23-Adam1.hpt

tried the files attached, adjusted a bit in the tcm, but the engine file caused massive amounts of KR, up to 10degrees at light throttle all the way through to 4,000rpm
    i have attached the file that seems to be working so far, and vehicle is driving nice and making good power.
    i will do another revision next week as my wideband decided to pack it in.
    i am keeping commanded spark throughout the rev range now also.
    thanks again for all your guidance as dodge stuff is a bit "chinese" to me compared to gm and ford.

Your knock sensor thresholds are very low. Is it true knock?
    They are extremely low from the factory. You may have to increase the knock sensor threshold to help with that if you can determine whether it's true or false knock. I wasn't prepared to make any changes as I don't know the vehicle.

As an example this is the factory settings for a TRX.
    TRX Knock Threshold.jpg

I'd recommend making small changes at a time and seeing if it makes a difference. I don't run my knock threshold as high as the TRX settings and I have long tube headers so only go as far as you need.

You are also making a lot of boost for a stock internal engine. The ring gap is too tight on the Hemi's to take that much boost, that's if you haven't built the motor. You may find the injectors will be close their limit.

The changes I made in the spark table will help control spark modifiers to keep you closer to your commanded spark. You can also remove the negative timing. If you don't scale your Aircharge axis, the PCM will determine your spark advance.

I see you put you commanded WOT back to stock. This will have you making boost with no power enrichment so watch you AFR's so you don't lean out. The factory ANN settings do lean out on the top end. The HPT Neural Network Trainer is a great tool for ANN, highly recommend it.
    Last edited by vndetta79; 04-21-2023 at 12:13 PM.