Thread: Looking for a manual trans OS 1250163

Potential Tuner

Looking for a manual trans OS 1250163

Need to do a segment swap on auto trans OS to get VSS to function correctly. TIA

1250163 is a custom OS, you need to find a match for the original OS (8-digit) it was before the patch.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks blindsquirrel, I appreciate any help. Heard back from the guy who did the initial tune and he said "I don’t see where I did a custom OS for you... My info shows that it is OEM OS for that VIN"

I'm not sure if the orig OS was for an MT or AT. From what I understand, an AT OS will not read VSS input w/o TCM, which I don't have because it's currently a MT.

My end goal is to get the ECM to receive a VSS signal. I tried a Dakota Digital SGI-5E and the ECM reads speed while stationary. Dakota Digital wants me to return the device to them for testing. I then tried wiring it based on the attached diagram and the ECM did not see speed when moving.
    R and C VSS diagram.PNG

Background info:
    05 Jeep wrangler w/stock 3 wire VSS
    NV4500 trans
    05 GTO LS2, E40, 6G2VX12U85L452895

Potential Tuner
    orig tune attached
    Attached Files Attached Files

CTRL+D, or Edit > Tune Details, to see the ID info. NOT the OS tab. The OS tab shows what's available to be applied, not what it currently is.

GM Gen 4 ECMs must be reprogrammed using GM SPS and appropriate programming tools, not HP Tuners. The ECM has 8 segments but there are two for electronic throttle that HP Tuners does not read or write. Even if you found what you're looking for and flashed it it would leave you with an unworkable combo of the 6 new segments and two old ones left behind.