Thread: Cold startup very rich and hanging RPM

Tuner in Training

Cold startup very rich and hanging RPM

Hi everyone,

New to GM and HP Tuners so thanks for the patience in advance .

E38 ECU, 2 bar map, LS3, mild BTR cam, no cats, SD only.

Attached are two logs and a copy of the tune.

The cold start log is up to thermostat open

The hanging idle is a warm start and you will see I slightly touch the throttle and it hangs around before coming back down.

Anyone willing to share some pointers?
    Attached Files Attached Files

If it's a 2 bar MAP sensor, you should put the 2 bar MAP sensor values into the computer. The tune still shows that a 1 bar map is installed.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If it's a 2 bar MAP sensor, you should put the 2 bar MAP sensor values into the computer. The tune still shows that a 1 bar map is installed.
    Actually I think I am wrong - I saw under "OS" it listed the 2 bar map as an option and assumed that is what was installed? But I do not think that means it's installed?

Map is a P/N 55573248

Tuner in Training
    Reduce the open loop fueling table by quite a bit, try reducing by 25% at a time and as far as the hanging throttle - I'm not real familiar with that OS but on my E67 I played with reducing the BRAF and the idle step down values to get to allow lower rpm idle and to step down faster after a throttle blip

Tuner
    I had a similar vehicle with the same mods and similar issue. Try this tune,, I modified yours so you can just write it after you do a compare to see what I changed. Let me know how/if it worked
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2010 /2SS/Long Tubes/ Magnaflow axle back/LSA Conversion/ 2 bar OS running / Stock Blower Pulley...for now

Tuner in Training
    Thanks for the file! Finally got car running again to test this out. It seems to have helped the cold startup issues.

I took the car for a 20 minute drive and took a log. It's attached as well as a copy of the running tune (same as your file, just read back). From what I can see the ST fuel trims are pretty close except for a few areas in the +10 to +20 range.

I presume I take these trims and apply them to the base fueling table to bring it closer? I also see a ton of ignition advance being called for - it is a bit surprising it's calling for >40 degrees -- is this normal?

may 21st first drive.hpl
    Miata-Running-May-21.hpt